Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Dot choices

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Aimpoint or Trijicon. **** commie chink bullshit.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    I think a used Aimpoint Pro for $300 is a good choice that wont break the bank

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If your kid only has one rifle, go Aimpoint or Trijicon.

If you want your kid to have a RDS that will last for many many years go Aimpoint. An Aimpoint Pro (do they still make them?) is a great deal. I changed the PRO mount after a year or so, but you can do that any time. A Trijicon MRO is rugged as well.

I have a Pro, a couple of T-1s, a T-2, and several MROs (I bought the MROs when they were cheap).

I had an EOTech that failed, so I sold it back to EOTech.

I have some Primary Arms and a Holosun that I put on .22s and fun guns. They work, but I would be very hesitant to put one of these on a go-to defense rifle.

I had one of the cheap RDS develop a tendency to go out, but it was sitting on the gas tube of an AK pistol fun blaster.

You could buy a pretty damn nice LPVO for Aimpoint money.

Never had a single problem with a Trijicon or Aimpoint.

I'm a firm believer in buy once cry once, based on my experience.
    Last edited by ScottsBad; 03-25-20 at 14:10.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've used the Aimpoint PRO, T2, and Trijicon MRO.

The T2 is a fantastic sight, especially because it has very minimal parallax. It is expensive however.

The RMO to me has a better form factor and controls, but does suffer from worse parallax. For a general purpose blaster it doesn't matter much and is well worth $400.

Feedback Score
    Don't forget about the H2. I don't need the increased water submersion and night vision capabilities of the T2.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I have been extremely impressed with the Vortex Crossfire. I used to run Aimpoint Micros exclusively for years but sold them off after getting into LPVOs. Last year I wanted a small RDS for another build and bought the Crossfire from Grant at G&R Tactical. The reticle looks crisp and is nicer then the Aimpoints. Mine has been on for 6+ months with no battery issues and has been tossed around in the trunk of my car. I have it on a Geiselle mount and it holds zero after being removed. Kyle Defoor has been using one and is impressed. I like mine better then my old Aimpoint Micros and they are $120ish new.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    For years I was an Aimpoint fanboy. They I discovered the larger MRO aperture and appreciated the FOV it brought. Lately, however (and I'm almost ashamed to admit), the Holosun 512C has been my go-to. I even recently sold a couple of new MRO's right here once I saw how great the Holosun works. Yes, it's chicom. Yes, it's "cheap". But the results speak for themselves. I'm sure others on this board operate more operationally than me, but having purposely kicked this thing around trying to get it to break, I could not. At around $300, I was hoping it would die and I could write it off as cheap junk, but it just won't die. Short of running it over with a car I think I subjected it to more abuse than one could reasonably expect an optic to survive. It holds zero with the best of them, durable as hell, super clear glass and a sharper dot than my old MRO. This isn't a shill for them, but if you haven't tried one yet, I suggest you do before scratching it off your list...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have three MROs, and have been very pleased with their performance. Recently I purchased a couple of Sig Romeo 4Ts for a pair of new rifles. They were on sale within the price range of a normal MRO, and well below the regular price of a 4T. My impressions so far are all favorable. They appear to be of very high quality, built like "tanks" and with a factory mount that compares well to the Geissele mount for the MROs. Very heavy duty. The 4Ts also have a solar panel which extends their battery life to "100,00" hours (claimed). The glass is very clear and they have a choice of four recticles, including the classic red dot, and also the red "circle of death" a la Eotech. I have to say I have been impressed with the Sig Romeo 4Ts. Granted, they are the top of the line in the Romeo lineup, and it shows. They are high quality sights and I have no problem relying on them. I am a fan.

Feedback Score
    "Which RDS? The newer micro ones and/or the older AA ones?

Thanks!

Dennis."

Hello Dennis, I really don't recall which models were tested (it's been a couple of years), and I'm not that familiar with their "RDS" line.
    "A Wise Man Changes his Mind, but a Fool Never Does."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I personally would look for a used Aimpoint PRO or H1.. For a defense rifle

For plinking or range use..PA gets my vote

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast