Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Dot choices

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I don’t like that Holosun is made in China, but the features that they bring to the table at their prices are ridiculous. The “big” names are very quickly being out paced, especially in the civilian market. We should all be happy, the more people buy Holosuns, the more Aimpoint will be forced to innovate and/or lower their prices. They’ve been doing the same one dot for decades and while it’s good, their latest and greatest was a stupid red dot with turrets or some weird shit. And it costs as much as a decent LPVO and mount. My hope is that if nothing else, an American owned company like vortex can compete with the features.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    It's interesting seeing how many people refer to the newer features like shake awake and solar power as gimmicks. I bet if Aimpoint had rolled those features out people would be singing their praises.

Cue all the "Not me, it would be gimmicks no matter who started doing it!" and "Aimpoint doesn't need those features anyway" responses.
    Yeah I never understood all the disdain for the motion sensor tech. I don't see why it is a bad thing, especially if you have the option to disable it. To be quite honest, I'm thinking of replacing my bedside rifle's optic, which currently wears an Eotech, to a Leupold LCO just for that motion tech.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyt16 View Post
    Leupold LCO

I guess someone has to buy those.... I remember when they were peddling them for $900 or some crazy $hit like that, with LEUPOLD LCO in white branding all over it...

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I don’t like that Holosun is made in China, but the features that they bring to the table at their prices are ridiculous. The “big” names are very quickly being out paced, especially in the civilian market. We should all be happy, the more people buy Holosuns, the more Aimpoint will be forced to innovate and/or lower their prices. They’ve been doing the same one dot for decades and while it’s good, their latest and greatest was a stupid red dot with turrets or some weird shit. And it costs as much as a decent LPVO and mount. My hope is that if nothing else, an American owned company like vortex can compete with the features.
    And I'm sure your odds of getting a bad one from Holosun can't be any worse that your personal experience 50% odds with KAC, Vortex Razor, Noveske, etc.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post

I guess someone has to buy those.... I remember when they were peddling them for $900 or some crazy $hit like that, with LEUPOLD LCO in white branding all over it...
    I actually did already buy one, ha! It's for my "quarantine build" rifle I'm putting together though. Just for fun. Bought it off a member here for $550 but yes the MSRP price on those is a little out of control. I think they toned down the "whiteness" on the branding as mine looks a little more subdued. Anyway, haven't shot with it yet but build quality seems very nice, dot is crisp, and yes I do like the (gasp!) motion activation.

Your picture animation things crack me up by the way haha!

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree with all of that. When I look at an Aimpoint, at least the high-end models, I just can't figure out where the money goes. They definitely make a good product, but I can't reconcile the exorbitant price with the simple and basic end product.

As for Holosun, I also hate that they're a Chinese company, but I have astigmatism which has made RDS a non-starter for years. Then along comes Holosun with their non-pixelated circle dot reticle and for some reason it works great for me so that's what I buy. I haven't had the chance to check out the Sig models and I didn't know until reading this thread that there was a model not made in China. I did look at the new MRO briefly and it looked good too, but I'm not impressed with the battery life.
    Last edited by SteveL; 05-15-20 at 06:44.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyt16 View Post
    Yeah I never understood all the disdain for the motion sensor tech. I don't see why it is a bad thing, especially if you have the option to disable it. To be quite honest, I'm thinking of replacing my bedside rifle's optic, which currently wears an Eotech, to a Leupold LCO just for that motion tech.
    It reminds me of the early days when they started putting power windows and door locks in cars and a lot of people complained it was just something else to break. For a while people would go out of their way to find a car without them, but we can all see how that turned out.
    Last edited by SteveL; 05-15-20 at 06:38.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Just wait until there is a weapon system that powers on when it registers someone is holding the grip. Wins a couple wars in South Asia and Africa. Old folks will still say it is risky twenty years after inception.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    And I'm sure your odds of getting a bad one from Holosun can't be any worse that your personal experience 50% odds with KAC, Vortex Razor, Noveske, etc.
    Haha that was a bad year. I just got one in actually and while its not mounted yet, it works for now so that's a plus. We will see. At least its kind of like my PSA upper though, if it breaks it wasn't so expensive that it feels like a personal insult.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    "I would bet" may as well be "I'm talking out of my ass here". I don't own any Leupold or Vortex products, but EoTech doesn't exactly have a stellar reputation when it comes to ponying up and accepting responsibility for turning out bad products. I've never had to use Trijicon CS but from what I hear they're great.

If my nearly two decades old CompM2 that's been treated like a rented mule were to stop working today and I couldn't get it serviced by Aimpoint, I'd toss it and buy another Aimpoint of some flavor. When the mount gave out I just bought a new one from Scalarworks and didn't expect Aimpoint to fix or replace something that I've had for so long and has been used so much. *shrugs*
    I have used all three and they are all great. Eotech, Trijicon, Leopold, and Vortex all have bulletproof fix or replace warranties. So I guess it's not coming out of my ass.

Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast