Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Dot choices

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by me2hootyhoo View Post
    The import brands seem to be giving the big names a run on innovation and quality these days. Holosun, Sig, Vortex have some nice optics that probably have no stolen tech. Primary arms has some unique optics. I may be mistaken, but aimpoint doesn’t offer solar, reticle options, color choices, shake awake. Also, Aimpoint is most definitely priced extremely high, $700+ for a red dot. Some of the big names in the industry are running Vortex and Holosun. I own Trijicon MROs, Eotechs, Vortex and Holosun optics. Honestly, I prefer the Vortex and Holosun for reticle and clarity. Time will tell for reliability. I am running Holosun dots with upgraded mounts on go to rifles.
    Trijicon had solar, it wasn't well received. Shake awake is a gimmick. An optic with battery life measured in years like an Aimpoint, doesn't need the added complexity of a shake awake system. Reticle choices are personal, the dot has been doing the job for decades. Colour comes at the cost of battery life, and red is an excellent contrasting colour.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by me2hootyhoo View Post
    The import brands seem to be giving the big names a run on innovation and quality these days. Holosun, Sig, Vortex have some nice optics that probably have no stolen tech. Primary arms has some unique optics. I may be mistaken, but aimpoint doesn’t offer solar, reticle options, color choices, shake awake. Also, Aimpoint is most definitely priced extremely high, $700+ for a red dot. Some of the big names in the industry are running Vortex and Holosun. I own Trijicon MROs, Eotechs, Vortex and Holosun optics. Honestly, I prefer the Vortex and Holosun for reticle and clarity. Time will tell for reliability. I am running Holosun dots with upgraded mounts on go to rifles.
    Personally, I don't give a rip about any of that stuff. All I want in a RDS is for it to be brutal tough, have extreme battery live and not be made in China. Philippines, Japan no problem but commie whores that put lead paint in children's toys, poisons in our dog's food, rip of our tech can **** off and die.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Personally, I don't give a rip about any of that stuff. All I want in a RDS is for it to be brutal tough, have extreme battery live and not be made in China. Philippines, Japan no problem but commie whores that put lead paint in children's toys, poisons in our dog's food, rip of our tech can **** off and die.
    I will befriend you in the toilet paper boogaloo.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Agreed. If one good thing comes out of this current situation,. it is that people will hopefully pull more production back onshore.

Heaven forbid we have some jobs for men and women who like making things with their hands, and take pride in their work. There are a lot of terrific companies here in the US that make tremendous products. We need more of them.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Any fans of the Lucid HD7 with auto-brightness to be had here?
    Given that 10-shots are a group and 5-shots may be a favorable trend ... know that just one good 3-shot group can make you an instant internet superstar!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Agreed. If one good thing comes out of this current situation,. it is that people will hopefully pull more production back onshore.

Heaven forbid we have some jobs for men and women who like making things with their hands, and take pride in their work. There are a lot of terrific companies here in the US that make tremendous products. We need more of them.
    I hope more production is pulled back onshore. On the flip side, I don't care where a product is made if the company chooses to ass rape customers on price because they know people will buy it anyway cuz "Mericuh!" or their competition is "anti-mericuh". I will not blindly buy USA and take it in the keester. No one should. That doesn't do any favors for the consumer and doesn't do any favors to innovation. A company that exploits this is a sh*thole company and is exploiting the very crowd that supports them.
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 04-01-20 at 21:35.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    I hope more production is pulled back onshore. On the flip side, I don't care where a product is made if the company chooses to ass rape customers on price because they know people will buy it anyway cuz "Mericuh!" or their competition is "anti-mericuh". I will not blindly buy USA and take it in the keester. No one should. That doesn't do any favors for the consumer and doesn't do any favors to innovation. A company that exploits this is a sh*thole company and is exploiting the very crowd that supports them.
    The term you're looking for to describe businesses who command what the market will bear for price is called capitalism. Everything we buy is overpriced, it's up to the consumer to decide if it is worth the asking price. No one who willingly paid for a product has ever been ripped off.

Purchasing a USA made product on that merit alone is foolish. By the same token, people buy cheaply priced products on price alone. Usually said cheap products are made in China. I'm all for quality products not made in China or other shit hole nations, unfortunately there isn't much choice when it comes to a lot of products. The sad reality is that offshore manufacturing was and is driven by the consumer and their desire for more shit, at lower prices. Walmart... It's their entire business model, cheap shit and lots of it.

People in the Western world on the whole are driven to want and buy more shit than ever before. It's an insatiable appetite with no rhyme or reason, just the desire to buy more shit. How many on this forum have multiple AR's for no other reason than to have more, or build another? How many people have 3, 4, 5 pairs of shoes. How many people have to get the newest cell phone, or a new car every couple years?

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    People in the Western world on the whole are driven to want and buy more shit than ever before. It's an insatiable appetite with no rhyme or reason, just the desire to buy more shit. How many on this forum have multiple AR's for no other reason than to have more, or build another? How many people have 3, 4, 5 pairs of shoes. How many people have to get the newest cell phone, or a new car every couple years?
    I was with you on everything, until you mentioned shoes.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    The term you're looking for to describe businesses who command what the market will bear for price is called capitalism. Everything we buy is overpriced, it's up to the consumer to decide if it is worth the asking price. No one who willingly paid for a product has ever been ripped off.

Purchasing a USA made product on that merit alone is foolish. By the same token, people buy cheaply priced products on price alone. Usually said cheap products are made in China. I'm all for quality products not made in China or other shit hole nations, unfortunately there isn't much choice when it comes to a lot of products. The sad reality is that offshore manufacturing was and is driven by the consumer and their desire for more shit, at lower prices. Walmart... It's their entire business model, cheap shit and lots of it.

If the first part of your statement was true, there wouldn't be a thing called price gouging. Sure, I agree with you on people pay what they are willing to pay and that it is capitalism. The problem with your second statement is that sure, just buying on USA made alone IS foolish, but don't think that doesn't happen for a few reasons.

My previous post just mentioned that while you can command a price that people are willing to pay, if the margin you are making on that product is too high, don't be surprised if another company comes in and hands you your ass...no matter where that product is made. That also is the double-edged sword called capitalism.

That company cannot bitch about it either, if they were living it up when times were good and taking advantage of the demand and the high prices consumers were willing to pay at one time and didn't see that their product is no longer "worth" what they are asking over other brands and they don't adapt and innovate to keep that advantage, then that is on them. Also capitalism. Like I mentioned previously...it happened to the US auto industry...it will happen here too.
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 04-02-20 at 10:17.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    What red dot (besides Leupold) is US made?

I want Aimpoint to make a two dot sight to simplify holdovers at closer range.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast