Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Urban evacuation/escape routes

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hello fellow WVCDL member.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Most of those areas would be a freaking nightmare to have to 'escape/evacuate.' The DC area? Lol... I agree, even side roads would get clogged by all the locals who know the side roads.

Feedback Score
    Delete.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 04-20-20 at 11:11.

Feedback Score
    Unless I get a weeks notice that a ____ event is going to wipe out my city and all inhabitants, I'm staying home.

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by RetroRevolver77 View Post
    Is there something going on as to why we'd need to know evacuation routes or is this just for general information?
    This is general information that might useful in one of two scenarios: you live in one of these urban areas and wish to leave in the event of an emergency; or, you live near/along one of the evacuation routes and wish to prepare for an influx of refugees in the event of an emergency.
    Last edited by Bruce in WV; 03-26-20 at 17:36.
    Yankee refugee living in the free state of West Virginia.

Feedback Score
    I love this stuff. People who live their whole lives in a big city but soon as they realize shit is going south, they want to get out of where they willinly chose to live and come to areas of the country that people who dont like cities or those that live in them have chose to inhabit. Lock the cities down. No in, no out. They chose to live there, make them stay there and not come destroy and overun where a lot of have chosen to live, so we could be away from those types.

That is why .gov is shutting down a lot of public campgrounds right now. People from big cities have been flocking to “the mountains” to get away from the cities. And they have been destroying those places with gargbage and overcrowding them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Delete.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 04-20-20 at 11:11.

Feedback Score
    Went through this already during Hurricane Rita. The mayor issued an evacuation order for Galveston and the areas just south of Houston. Hundreds of thousands of people got into their cars and left at once. It was a traffic nightmare from Houston to Dallas. People began to run out of gas after idling their vehicles all day long in traffic so you had many stranded motorists blocking the roadways in addition to the traffic. Side roads were screwed as well but you were better off taking the roundabout route versus getting on a main highway/freeway. I would have a way to store extra fuel and provisions to possibly live out of your vehicle for a couple of days.

gettyimages-55743523-33cd85ba5ef115ea6cd6fbdaed868298899ef4b5.jpg

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RetroRevolver77 View Post
    We're leaving the big city to eat your family. Better believe it. Dork.
    Now, now. There are plenty of people to eat in the city. Just need water. People are pre-salted. Or so I've heard.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
    Went through this already during Hurricane Rita. The mayor issued an evacuation order for Galveston and the areas just south of Houston. Hundreds of thousands of people got into their cars and left at once. It was a traffic nightmare from Houston to Dallas. People began to run out of gas after idling their vehicles all day long in traffic so you had many stranded motorists blocking the roadways in addition to the traffic. Side roads were screwed as well but you were better off taking the roundabout route versus getting on a main highway/freeway. I would have a way to store extra fuel and provisions to possibly live out of your vehicle for a couple of days.

gettyimages-55743523-33cd85ba5ef115ea6cd6fbdaed868298899ef4b5.jpg
    "Once we get word its definitely going to be bad I'll flee the city."

No, you won't.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast