Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19: adjuvant approaches etc,

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    An important paper on the potential use of Creatine in Post-Viral Fatigue Syndrome and Diagnosis in a post Covid world:

Diagnostic and Pharmacological Potency of Creatine in Post-Viral Fatigue Syndrome

Abstract

Post-viral fatigue syndrome (PVFS) is a widespread chronic neurological disease with no definite etiological factor(s), no actual diagnostic test, and no approved pharmacological treatment, therapy, or cure. Among other features, PVFS could be accompanied by various irregularities in creatine metabolism, perturbing either tissue levels of creatine in the brain, the rates of phosphocreatine resynthesis in the skeletal muscle, or the concentrations of the enzyme creatine kinase in the blood. Furthermore, supplemental creatine and related guanidino compounds appear to impact both patient- and clinician-reported outcomes in syndromes and maladies with chronic fatigue. This paper critically overviews the most common disturbances in creatine metabolism in various PVFS populations, summarizes human trials on dietary creatine and creatine analogs in the syndrome, and discusses new frontiers and open questions for using creatine in a post-COVID-19 world.

Full paper:

https://www.mdpi.com/2072-6643/13/2/503/htm
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

I'm from everywhere man because I'm an everywhere man....
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I don't know if I am going to word this question correctly, but if a person has the virus and recovers, is it possible that continued exposure to the virus would make the bodies immune system continue to create antibodies while keeping the person asymptomatic and thus keeping the person "immune" to catching the virus again for a longer period of time? Assuming also that the person doesn't have any preexisting conditions that seem to be aggravated by the virus and is in good health.
    Last edited by teufelhund1918; 02-05-21 at 06:00.
    Repression Is Nine Tenths The Law

Feedback Score
    Or you guy could just stop it. You could just stop worrying about the big, bad, boogy man, Covid 19. The majority of members here have nothing to fear concerning serious complications.

https://massivesci.com/notes/covid-p...hals-genomics/

As with 90% of human characters, it's genetic. There are pros and cons of Neanderthal inheritance which influence Covid 19 but this is the big one. People with no Neanderthal inheritance, Sub-Saharan Africans are in trouble. Because if regional variation in Neanderthal gene distribution, some New World natives are going to be in trouble. But for most people of European and Asiatic ancestry who are not over 75, this is just no big deal. Those that might have a problem should seclude themselves and the rest of us should be left alone.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bullseye View Post
    Or you guy could just stop it. You could just stop worrying about the big, bad, boogy man, Covid 19. The majority of members here have nothing to fear concerning serious complications.

As with 90% of human characters, it's genetic. There are pros and cons of Neanderthal inheritance which influence Covid 19 but this is the big one. People with no Neanderthal inheritance, Sub-Saharan Africans are in trouble. Because if regional variation in Neanderthal gene distribution, some New World natives are going to be in trouble. But for most people of European and Asiatic ancestry who are not over 75, this is just no big deal. Those that might have a problem should seclude themselves and the rest of us should be left alone.
    While the genetic aspect is new to me and will read, I think most, at least most here, are aware of who is as risk of serious complications and who is not. If the gene aspect holds up, they could save a lot of resources and lives by focusing on the population no doubt. Of course it would be taken out of context by derpa derp woke types and science deniers and would label it as racist or what have you, and will be a cluster within seconds. That's why we can't have nice things.

I'd add, I know quite a few people who have had it now and I'd still recommend they follow what's been discussed in this thread.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

I'm from everywhere man because I'm an everywhere man....
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I had it back in August. recovered fine it seems til lately. I have what seems like tendonitis in my arms now, some forgetfulness and it seems like I am more fatigued after working out. I have some concerns now as there has been a big outbreak at work this week because of idiots not following protocols. 36 staff last i heard and it just started. Not good in a corrections setting. Hence, I am curious if a continued exposure will cause a reoccurance or will it aid in keeping antibodies by fighting the virus.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by teufelhund1918 View Post
    I had it back in August. recovered fine it seems til lately. I have what seems like tendonitis in my arms now, some forgetfulness and it seems like I am more fatigued after working out. I have some concerns now as there has been a big outbreak at work this week because of idiots not following protocols. 36 staff last i heard and it just started. Not good in a corrections setting. Hence, I am curious if a continued exposure will cause a reoccurance or will it aid in keeping antibodies by fighting the virus.
    There's clearly immunity post Covid once you have had it, but just how long and effective is unclear. I'd assume similar to the flu. There's also post covid syndromes, and many report it took months to feel normal even if their symptoms were not that severe. Like the flu, there will be other strains that you may have partial or no immunity to, and covid shots likely added to the yearly shots like the flu shot as they try to keep ahead of the strain. Thanx China!

Per this thread, there's a list of supps worth considering, in addition to controlling those risk factors/co morbidities you have control over which greatly impact what's a mild case vs a narty case, and per above, genetics appears to be a factor, one you have no control ober.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bullseye View Post

So just leave it to fate? Don't bother improving yourself? Who cares if you might be vitamin D deficient so long as your ancient ancestors were Neanderthal? Don't worry about proper diet and exercise. Irrelevant!

I'm just going to leave it up to genes. Hopefully the right ones were passed on!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    So just leave it to fate? Don't bother improving yourself? Who cares if you might be vitamin D deficient so long as your ancient ancestors were Neanderthal? Don't worry about proper diet and exercise. Irrelevant!

I'm just going to leave it up to genes. Hopefully the right ones were passed on!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    This is a strange position, because everyone is the master of his own health. I don't understand how in 2021 a person can say that let everything be as laid down by generations of ancestors. Today we have the opportunity to change something. And with the help of vaccines, and with the help of multivitamin complexes.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Great talk by a Dr. Ryan Cole. I never wear mask outside, been pushing D hard for years, especially since covid started. Having said all that, he's over emphasizing D and all the data he cites is correlational. One has to be careful on the cause and effect statements with such data. Having said that, if it were up to me, we'd be giving out D and others he mentions (Mag, zinc, C) and one he does not: NAC. He also talks about various drugs in use, etc. I have ivermectin on hand... He is not a fan of vaccines however. I get his resistance to vaccines in terms of long term safety data.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/hfzL5gUeQvxr/
    Last edited by WillBrink; 04-02-21 at 10:29.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Additional confirmation for the model I proposed when this all got started via article linked in the OP. Best of my knowledge, still not being adequately addressed and could save some lives, as well reduce tissue/organ damage for long haulers, importance of GSH and ROS:

Could glutathione depletion be the Trojan horse of COVID-19 mortality?

Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 2020; 24 (23): 12500-12509

https://www.europeanreview.org/article/24046?

Tissue damage from neutrophil-induced oxidative stress in COVID-19

Nature Reviews Immunology volume 20, pages 515–516 (2020)

"The high neutrophil to lymphocyte ratio observed in critically ill patients with COVID-19 is associated with excessive levels of reactive oxygen species (ROS), which promote a cascade of biological events that drive pathological host responses. ROS induce tissue damage, thrombosis and red blood cell dysfunction, which contribute to COVID-19 disease severity. We suggest that free radical scavengers could be beneficial for the most vulnerable patients."

And

"...the presence of oxidative stress markers (for example, lipid peroxidation, rTEM and a high neutrophil to lymphocyte ratio) in patients with COVID-19 may help to identify high-risk individuals early in the course of the disease and prevent their sudden deterioration. This approach may also pave the way to new therapeutic approaches. We propose that antioxidants such as N-acetyl-L-cysteine in combination with elastase inhibitors..."

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41577-020-0407-1#Ack1
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast