Never really paid that much attention to rifle straps. Mainly do range fun and 3-gun type stuff, or proned out bolt gun. I was just going through the slings that I do have and their set ups looking to standardize a bit. A sling is to a rifle what a holster is to a pistol, as they say.

Two things that I had never really paid attention to:
More esoteric I guess is how sling webbing goes through those simple [|] shaped hardware to create a permanent loop by going through twice. I notice that most slings seem to come with the 'return' of the loop being the top web. TO me that leaves what is left over as being kind of askance from the other web. You can have the return part of the loop on the underside, it takes a bit longer to do, but to me the tail end seems to be less fly away and wild. Am I imagining things? It definitely takes longer to set up and adjust, but it seems 'cleaner'?

The other thing is rotating vs non-rotating swivels. It is determined by the cup, not the QD push button part, right? Is there a preference one way or the other? It seems that if you are using a sling where you can go two point or single point (MS4), the ability to rotate might add some twist to the sling that might make it harder and less comfortable to use?

Thanks