Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have a colored “sniper gray” ACOG?

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)

Anyone have a colored “sniper gray” ACOG?

Looking to get this acog in trade.
    The paint job on it looks odd to me. The owner says it’s a sniper gray colored acog and it came from the factory that color and doesn’t think it was painted by original owner. He’s the second owner.

Wondering if someone has a sniper gray colored acog they can post pics?
    Last edited by snackgunner; 03-30-20 at 23:21.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Looks like a rattle can job to me. Trijicon should be able to tell you. I'd also want to know how old it was.

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Looks like a rattle can job to me. Trijicon should be able to tell you. I'd also want to know how old it was.
    Called Trijicon they are not sure about paint job but confirmed the serial number and that it was made in 2005

Feedback Score
    66 (100%)
    Trijicon offers FDE, Sniper Grey, and I believe OD Green. That finish on the one you posted looks rough and more like spray paint or maybe just worn from use & cleaning. edit: 15 years old so its probably just worn.

https://www.trijicon.com/products/details/ta31-d-100311
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    - Richard Henry Lee, 1788

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I would think in 2005 you could get an ACOG in any color you wanted as long as it was black. Did Trijicon confirm it was not a .gov purchase?
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    Trijicon emailed me saying :

“ Serial number 97832 did come in for repair, and was basically rebuilt in 2017. It is a 2005 TA31F.”

Feedback Score
    Ask him to take a picture of the label outside of the box indicating the SKU#.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    If the Tritium was recharged in 2017 that makes it more desirable who cares about the color, how much are they asking?
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    If the Tritium was recharged in 2017 that makes it more desirable who cares about the color, how much are they asking?
    Trade for a geissele mk4 odg federal rail 10” and a nsn marked odg geissele charging handle
    I don’t think it said anywhere on repair paperwork that the tritium was recharged. I’m not saying it wasn’t though, I’m just not sure if it was. Where do you see that the tritium was recharged? Or do you think it was based of what the Trijicon rep wrote ?

Pic
    https://imgur.com/a/QJr1FGl
    Last edited by snackgunner; 03-27-20 at 14:01.

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post
    Ask him to take a picture of the label outside of the box indicating the SKU#.
    He already mailed it off to me. I’ll take a look when I gets here. He showed me pics of paperwork showing warranty repair and serial number on paperwork matches acog

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast