Thread: Dark Angel Medical email hacked

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyG View Post
    This might explain an email I received on my work account after visiting there. Thanks for the info.
    Yup, be really careful with a work laptop. Not everyone's company uses the same methods to control access to external web pages. Some use what is called a "split-tunnel VPN". In layman's terms, it does not offer as much protection when you go visit and external website.

It is a really good idea to only use a company asset to visit corporate resources as much as possible. If you want to dive deep into the weeds, start looking at Multi-Factor Authentication, Zero Trust Models, Tiered Access and Privileged Account Management.

Sigh - guess what I do all day?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Yup, be really careful with a work laptop. Not everyone's company uses the same methods to control access to external web pages. Some use what is called a "split-tunnel VPN". In layman's terms, it does not offer as much protection when you go visit and external website.

It is a really good idea to only use a company asset to visit corporate resources as much as possible. If you want to dive deep into the weeds, start looking at Multi-Factor Authentication, Zero Trust Models, Tiered Access and Privileged Account Management.

Sigh - guess what I do all day?
    It was my personal phone which has a work email account. They had us install some sort of mobile management software so I may show a work IP address when I browse on my personal phone. I don’t even Google things I need for work with their laptop. I wish I didn’t need them in my phone but it lets me remotely manage my team and handle after hours issues.

I don’t know if I can add anything to what they have installed to beef up security even further.
    Last edited by TommyG; 03-29-20 at 08:24.
    Open the pig!