Thread: My Take: X300U vs TLR-1 for IWB Carry

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)

My Take: X300U vs TLR-1 for IWB Carry

It turns out that an 800 lumen TLR-HL is 0.5" shorter than a 1000 lumen X300U. I have had multiples of both lights for a long time but was too much of a SF fanboy to realize this until now stuck at home...

I used to carry my G17 IWB in a beautiful Mitch Rosen holster off duty back in the day before WML. However the X200/X300/X300U I have carried for over a decade stick out in a way that makes IWB hard for my body type. Even carrying OWB in a Raven pancake holster on duty the light pokes into things constantly.

I have had every iteration of TLR-1 as well and I love the beam pattern and brightness but have had a hard time deciding where to mount them. The switch is maybe too easy to use and it's a bit taller than an X300 so I can't mount at my preferred 12:00 rail on my carbines.

Now being stuck at home with my kids a Raven Perun holster for a G17 TLR-1 somehow ended up in my Amazon cart. So I put one on my backup G17 and found that 0.5" makes a huge difference for not only IWB but OWB as well. No more poking my car seats or pants in an annoying way and sticks out below a cover garment less. The switch is easier to activate which is good and bad but I think overall positive so far. I will need to train more to be sure.

I realize all this was probably obvious to the less SF obsessed

Dennis.

PS. I have no intention of switching out the X300Us on my duty and personal long guns.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    While I don't IWB a light, I did recently switch from the X300U to a TLR1HL on my duty gun. I like the switches far more, and I have never had an issue with any of my TLR1 lights so no worries about reliability. Currently using the Phlster switches and very happy with the setup.

Feedback Score
    Hey Dennis would you still happen to have that cz scorpion fold adapter?