It turns out that an 800 lumen TLR-HL is 0.5" shorter than a 1000 lumen X300U. I have had multiples of both lights for a long time but was too much of a SF fanboy to realize this until now stuck at home...

I used to carry my G17 IWB in a beautiful Mitch Rosen holster off duty back in the day before WML. However the X200/X300/X300U I have carried for over a decade stick out in a way that makes IWB hard for my body type. Even carrying OWB in a Raven pancake holster on duty the light pokes into things constantly.

I have had every iteration of TLR-1 as well and I love the beam pattern and brightness but have had a hard time deciding where to mount them. The switch is maybe too easy to use and it's a bit taller than an X300 so I can't mount at my preferred 12:00 rail on my carbines.

Now being stuck at home with my kids a Raven Perun holster for a G17 TLR-1 somehow ended up in my Amazon cart. So I put one on my backup G17 and found that 0.5" makes a huge difference for not only IWB but OWB as well. No more poking my car seats or pants in an annoying way and sticks out below a cover garment less. The switch is easier to activate which is good and bad but I think overall positive so far. I will need to train more to be sure.

I realize all this was probably obvious to the less SF obsessed

Dennis.

PS. I have no intention of switching out the X300Us on my duty and personal long guns.