Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Semi auto pocket pistols

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Nah.

He's investing in fine collectibles.

Completely the opposite of Glocks and S&W Sheilds and Ruger LCP's and other common work-a-day pistols.

That's a different thread.
    Then he's missing one of the best micro pocket pistols there is...

Feedback Score
    Beautiful!

Feedback Score
    Been pocket carrying my 9mm S&W Shield since i bought it in 2012. Carries extremely well in my Desantis pocket holster with the 8 round mag and one 8 round mag in a IWB mag pouch. I have 17 rounds of 124grn Federal HST on hand in a package that weighs less than a 1911 with 9 rounds. Pocket carry is my primary carry of choice.
    I've given other platforms a try but none worked better than the Shield and most not as well.
    What I love about my Shield is its minimal size and weight allow me to carry it in literally any pants or shorts I wear in any weather especially during our 90*+ days of summer here in Hoosier land. The only time I can not pocket carry is when I am wearing swimming trunks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by D_M View Post
    Then he's missing one of the best micro pocket pistols there is...

Count yourself lucky if yours works. I think weve had two M21a's in .22 LR and two in .25 acp in the family over the years. None of them were reliable enough to trust for self-defense.

We still have one of the .25's. It has failures to feed, mostly. Once the firing pin retaining pin broke and the firing pin and spring left a gouge on my eye protection when it came out and smacked me in the face.

I found the firing pin and installed a new firing pin spring and retaining pin. I've fired it since and its repaired but still jams.

If you compare the firing pin retaining pin on an M21A vs the 950 you'll see the 950 pin is much larger in diameter. Should be much stronger.

I got that M21A used and I have no idea how much it was dry fired over the years but that could have damaged that pin.

I dont reccomended dry firing any of the Beretta tip-ups.

Too bad, though. I wish mine worked. I'd like to try a model 20.

IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If you want to go small-as-possible for true NPEs, I have really enjoyed my Seecamp .32.
    Totally reliable (400 rds) and as accurate as you can ask for given no sights. Disappears easily on my 6’5” frame like you wouldn’t believe!!!!! Built like a Swiss watch. Normally it’s a G17 RDS with two back-up mags as my daily loadout. But sometimes you just have to go micro - especially when your job of 40 years depends on it!

geezer john
    jmoore (aka - geezer john)

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Feedback Score
    Yep if I bumped into a cheap Seecamp I’d probably buy it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12