Thread: LaRue AR10 APEG grip does not fit M5E1 Lowers FYI.

Feedback Score

LaRue AR10 APEG grip does not fit M5E1 Lowers FYI.

This is totally my mistake, first off.

The M5E1 takes regular AR15 grips. I ordered the AR10 grip from LaRue not knowing. They don't mention anything on their site which would have helped, the Aero M5 is the most popular AR10 kit out there right now.

I shaved down the beaver tail with a Dremel for testing, it functions fine now but does not look right on a $2500 rifle build.

Their FDE is significantly lighter than Aeros color.https://solitaire.onl/ https://9apps.ooo/

At $9 they're hard to beat
    Last edited by MatiasMyles; 05-19-20 at 01:57.

Feedback Score
    BCM ar15 pistol grips also need some modification to fit the M5E1 lowers correctly.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MatiasMyles View Post
    This is totally my mistake, first off.

The M5E1 takes regular AR15 grips. I ordered the AR10 grip from LaRue not knowing. They don't mention anything on their site which would have helped, the Aero M5 is the most popular AR10 kit out there right now.

I shaved down the beaver tail with a Dremel for testing, it functions fine now but does not look right on a $2500 rifle build.

Their FDE is significantly lighter than Aeros color.

At $9 they're hard to beat

You state the issue is your fault because you purchased the wrong item and tried to install it with negative results. The FYI involved is to pay attention when you buy parts, or what is the issue you are advising?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB