Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Production Lightweight 11.5 or 12.5 Barrels?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    I used that Spike’s barrel for a 733 clone, bought it stripped and had a non-F FSB pinned. At the time it was the only game in town for an 11.5” pencil barrel with M4 ramps. I don’t know what the port size was but the SBR was wickedly overgassed and required mitigation in the form of a BRT gas tube to fix this.
    You have my interest. What size gas tube did you use?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_247 View Post
    I went through BRT’s drop-down options then selected the “BRT recommended” size - basically when you place the order they assess the specs you selected in the drop down options and send you the size they recommend. In the case of my SBR it was a .071. You also have the option of just picking your own size as well if you already know what it is that you want or need.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Hodge 12.5”. Mine is sub moa. It is hands down my favorite ar.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thwack View Post
    Another vote for the BCM enhanced LW
    Another person who failed reading comprehension.

Thanks to all who’ve responded appropriately.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_247 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    I went through BRT’s drop-down options then selected the “BRT recommended” size - basically when you place the order they assess the specs you selected in the drop down options and send you the size they recommend. In the case of my SBR it was a .071. You also have the option of just picking your own size as well if you already know what it is that you want or need.
    Keep in mind that the adjusted gas tube hole is not a direct translation to desired gas port size. Example: if you wanted a .067 gas port using the tube, you'd probably receive a .069 ported gas tube. I used the EZ Tune gas tube as well, and am quite pleased with it. Clint has his stuff figured out.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    Keep in mind that the adjusted gas tube hole is not a direct translation to desired gas port size. Example: if you wanted a .067 gas port using the tube, you'd probably receive a .069 ported gas tube. I used the EZ Tune gas tube as well, and am quite pleased with it. Clint has his stuff figured out.

Yep they mention that on the site so hopefully anybody who wants to pick a specific size on their own keeps that in mind. Me I figured I’d just let them select the size for me because in his posts on here Clint seems to have a pretty good handle on which port sizes are appropriate for what.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Just ordered a 12.5 Criterion Core barrel. I'll let you guys know how it shoots.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    Just ordered a 12.5 Criterion Core barrel. I'll let you guys know how it shoots.
    Great choice. Please do let us know.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by xanderzuk View Post
    Besides BCM, is there anyone currently producing lightweight 11.5 or 12.5 barrels? I’m having trouble finding anything.
    Does it matter to you if it has a .223 Wylde chamber or a true 5.56 NATO Mil-Spec chamber ? It seems to matter to some people.
    Last edited by Biggy; 03-30-20 at 19:25.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Given that they designed it specifically for the applications we are all looking to use it for, I'd be very surprised with any issues.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast