Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Production Lightweight 11.5 or 12.5 Barrels?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYH1 View Post
    I have a 11.5" Sonics lightweight barrel. Couldn't be happier with it.

NYH1.

I thought SIONICS only did a medium contour on 11.5" barrels??
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Please ignore...
    Last edited by opngrnd; 04-01-20 at 16:56. Reason: Responded to wrong post.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I thought SIONICS only did a medium contour on 11.5" barrels??
    They used to sell a light weight. I have one and I love it!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peadog View Post
    They used to sell a light weight. I have one and I love it!
    I wish they still did, I'd buy one. I have a couple of their LW 16" barrels and dig them.

So not within the context of the OP
    Last edited by titsonritz; 04-09-20 at 22:10.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    Just ordered a 12.5 Criterion Core barrel. I'll let you guys know how it shoots.
    Please let us know. When did you order it and have you received a tracking number yet? Just wondering if they are still fully operational (due to Corona) because I've sent them a few emails over the last week or two and haven't received a response. I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a 13.9" CORE barrel.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyt16 View Post
    Please let us know. When did you order it and have you received a tracking number yet? Just wondering if they are still fully operational (due to Corona) because I've sent them a few emails over the last week or two and haven't received a response. I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a 13.9" CORE barrel.
    Ordered Monday morning, had a shipping label that day. Was slated to be delivered today, UPS will get it here tomorrow. I actually called and spoke to Mike at Criterion barrels about a few things prior to ordering. After discussing several different barrels I was curious about from shorty to Rem700 prefit, we discussed the metrics of the Core barrels and HBAR barrels in depth. We went pretty far into the weeds on a few things, and since they were out of 11.5", I decided to try the 12.5" Core barrel.
    Last edited by opngrnd; 04-01-20 at 22:04. Reason: Added info.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    Ordered Monday, had a shipping label that day. Was slated to be delivered today, UPS will get it jere tomorrow...
    Good to know, thanks!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I looked for reviews on that barrel a while back and only found negative ones.

I have that barrel and haven’t seen much in the way of reviews for it, what were the negative reviews you saw reporting? I’m just curious what other peoples’ experience has been.

As I mentioned above mine was like retard-level overgassed. Accuracy has been fine for an iron-sighted Retro clone SBR that so far has been fed nothing but XM193 and Wolf Gold.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    I have that barrel and haven’t seen much in the way of reviews for it, what were the negative reviews you saw reporting? I’m just curious what other peoples’ experience has been.

As I mentioned above mine was like retard-level overgassed. Accuracy has been fine for an iron-sighted Retro clone SBR that so far has been fed nothing but XM193 and Wolf Gold.
    I apologize, but I can’t remember the specifics. I just remember that I had trouble finding anything on them via google and what little there was was unflattering. I think there was a guy that said he went through a few of them and none had acceptable accuracy. Or I could be wrong. There was nothing on this site about them.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I apologize, but I can’t remember the specifics. I just remember that I had trouble finding anything on them via google and what little there was was unflattering. I think there was a guy that said he went through a few of them and none had acceptable accuracy. Or I could be wrong. There was nothing on this site about them.
    No problem, just curious. I didn’t really want to buy it but there weren’t many options for 733-appropriate barrels at the time. While the build was in the planning stage the idea all along was to use a BCM 11.5 pencil barrel, then the day came to buy it and BCM had apparently discontinued them at some point while I was playing the “I’ll buy it later” game, heh.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast