Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Production Lightweight 11.5 or 12.5 Barrels?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I was super tempted by the 12.5 Hodge at FCD and have been eyeing the Centurion sight to see when they’d get more of their 12.5 mids back in but the bigger capability gap I was missing was a short Gun so I have a MK18 upper that should be getting here tomorrow. At some point I’ll have a 12.5, but my 14.5s are well covered so it doesn’t feel like much of a need right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I was super tempted by the 12.5 Hodge at FCD and have been eyeing the Centurion sight to see when they’d get more of their 12.5 mids back in but the bigger capability gap I was missing was a short Gun so I have a MK18 upper that should be getting here tomorrow. At some point I’ll have a 12.5, but my 14.5s are well covered so it doesn’t feel like much of a need right now.

If you end up trying a 12.5 I bet you it will become your favorite do it all carbine. BTW, Corrie and Monty took the 12.5 mid off the site. You just need to email them and they will sell it to you in 5 mins and ship it out next day. They took it off the site because a bunch of retards were ordering these barrels and then complaining that wolf wouldn't run through the barrel unsuppressed. If you shoot 556 or suppressed, its an awesome awesome barrel.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    If you end up trying a 12.5 I bet you it will become your favorite do it all carbine. BTW, Corrie and Monty took the 12.5 mid off the site. You just need to email them and they will sell it to you in 5 mins and ship it out next day. They took it off the site because a bunch of retards were ordering these barrels and then complaining that wolf wouldn't run through the barrel unsuppressed. If you shoot 556 or suppressed, its an awesome awesome barrel.
    Son of a bitch. I was wondering if maybe they just dropped it entirely but that’s tempting. I just wish they’d make the new C4 MLOK in 11.5 because I wouldn’t want that one with a FSP.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)

Current Production Lightweight 11.5 or 12.5 Barrels?

I emailed them about a two weeks ago and they said oos and expecting more in 6-8 weeks (give or take based on the circumstances).

I was going to get a hodge in lieu but if they’ve opened the port I’ll go centurion.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    The 12.5" weight 1lb 8oz

Availability is certainly more than ever but they just sold out at Forward Control Design and OPDSource. I wonder if some purchased them with their Fed check.

https://www.weaponoutfitters.com/hodge-12-5-barrel.html

https://www.optactical.com/hode5nabar.html
    Thanks monk!

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Finally did a write up on my Hodge 12.5” over in the Custom Build forum if your interested.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    My centurion 12.5 will hold sub moa 10 round groups. I think I have several groups posted here on the site in some of the older 12.5 barrel threads if you search around. I just finished building out the 12.5 mid from centurion and once I get the ability to, I'll start burning both the criterion and centurion barrels down. I have several training events coming up with high round counts and high accountability so I should be able to give you all some decent feedback. Assuming all this bullshit starts to end around June.

The way you run your 12.5 is exactly how I use them. My system is 11.5in and shorter gets RDS and Magnifiers, 12.5s get 1-x with offset rds for NV for do it all carbines, 14.5-16in are my dmr guns with 3-18s, and then the larger caliber stuff varies depending on use and purpose.

I know Roy still had some in stock over at weapon outfitters for hodge barrels and I think Jim has at least 6 different places stocking his stuff now.
    Damn that’s a bit of a bummer to hear. I haven’t contacted them yet but I wasn’t sure if they would be willing or able to do anything about it. I need to load up some of the MarkM special that I was able to get 3/4” groups from in a 16” SS Noveske and see how that does. But for factory ammo I expected better than that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Peadog View Post
    They used to sell a light weight. I have one and I love it!
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I wish they did, I'd buy one. I have a couple of their LW 16" barrels and dig them.

So not within the context of the OP
    I didn't realize they stopped making them.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    Put 20 rounds through the 12.5" Criterion last night. SBA4/A5 system,Vltor MUR, 11" Larue Quad rail, FCD 6315, very much balanced to the rear. Soft shooting with Norma 55gr FMJ, 3:00 ejection. The Larue quad rail gets replaced with the MLOK version tomorrow which will further shift balance to the rear. I believe it's a 5oz difference on paper. I started by shooting one round, wet patches followed by dry patches. By round 5 it was three wet followed by one dry. I did this for 15 rounds, then shot 5 rounds and was out of time. Impulse seems flat and soft. I'll post again after another 200 rounds.
    Good stuff thanks for the update. Did you shoot for groups? I ordered my Criterion CORE yesterday along with a BCM BCG. Originally was gonna do the 13.9" but ended up going with 14.5". Mine is going on a Vltor MUR as well.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    FYI, on my *calibrated* digital scale, a stripped 12.5" inch Hodge Defense barrel barrel weighs exactly 21.5 ounces, and a stripped Criterion Core 12.5" inch barrel weighs exactly 22.8 ounces.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast