Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ammo can question

Feedback Score

Ammo can question

Will 500rds of 5.56mm fit in a 200rd 7.62 can (marked for M80 Ball)?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I literally JUST moved an unopened case of 500 rounds...I just dont see it fitting...but I couldnt swear in court over t.
    Short answer: I dont know, but dont think so.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Loose? Yes. I bought several 600 round cases of Federal Black, and dumped them into 200 round ammo cans to save space. 600 rounds fits with room to spare, probably hold 750, maybe more if you shook the can to settle the rounds.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    They'll fit. You can put them on strippers and then into the three-stripper cardboard boxes if you want them tidy and organized.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Loose? Yes. I bought several 600 round cases of Federal Black, and dumped them into 200 round ammo cans to save space. 600 rounds fits with room to spare, probably hold 750, maybe more if you shook the can to settle the rounds.
    Same.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    Same.
    Learn something every day.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    These are coming on stripper-clips. I also usually put them in a gallon ziplock bag and then place it in the ammo can. I'll give it a whirl I guess.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    These are coming on stripper-clips. I also usually put them in a gallon ziplock bag and then place it in the ammo can. I'll give it a whirl I guess.
    540 when packed like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    I have a can full of 20rd boxes, I can squeeze 440 rounds in. Another one has a couple of 100rd boxes and the rest 20’s. I can get 500 in a box that way.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    They'll fit. You can put them on strippers and then into the three-stripper cardboard boxes if you want them tidy and organized.
    Putting loose rounds on old stripper clips, that is my kind of OCD.

I just had my son who was complaining about nothing to do, to load a couple hundred loose rounds I just got in.

I was thinking about putting one of the feeder/adaptors on my key chain, because sure as crap, the time I'll need to use stripper clips I won't have the doo-dad.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast