Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: “Its just a tube”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    paired with an electronic Form 1 service
    I've never used Silencershop's service, but I can't imagine it being significantly easier than the current Form 1 e-file.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I've never used Silencershop's service, but I can't imagine it being significantly easier than the current Form 1 e-file.
    Iwas pondering that. But you do need to send in a drawing on the Form 1 to cover the can build. Perhaps the folks at Silencer Shop already have one for you?

I'm going to email JK Armament and see if they have that doc available for people who buy their product.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Wow. I can find a use for that. If Silencershop starts selling kits, paired with an electronic Form 1 service, I could see a lot of cans coming into existence in free states.

Edit: I could also see the ATF declaring any roughly cylindrical threaded objects to be silencer parts. Then we’re back to square one with Form 4s, and plumbers and beverage bottlers will need to be SOTs.
    Great minds think alike. Pretty good way to increase suppressor use.

And of course, some moron will send a very-poorly worded letter to the BATFE asking a question, and we'll have an examiner who has to issue a response. Those things always worry me.

Feedback Score
    Other than a shorter wait, what is the benefit if this vs an off the shelf option?
    Why would this increase silencer use?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Other than a shorter wait, what is the benefit if this vs an off the shelf option?
    Why would this increase silencer use?
    I think it could be appealing for first time NFA buyers that want a short wait and want a can they’ll use on both .22lr and 9mm. And don’t yet know how long/quiet they want.

Maybe I’ve misread the market?
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    1.75” OD, modular mount, comes in whatever length your heart desires. If you want hight volume.... https://rexsilentium.com/MG-X-p158377277
    I would like to try one of these cans. Are there are reviews out there? I wonder how their 9mm can stacks up to the wolfman by dead air

Only thing I see that I wish they had is a tri lug option for my HK.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    If they are so cheap to make, why not undercut the market with your own solution? Am I missing something?
    Why undercut the market when you can maximize profit?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ace4059 View Post
    I would like to try one of these cans. Are there are reviews out there? I wonder how their 9mm can stacks up to the wolfman by dead air

Only thing I see that I wish they had is a tri lug option for my HK.
    There is 5.56 metering of an older model in the links in post 1 of this thread: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ers&highlight=

TFB did a review of the MG10 308 maybe a month or two back. Thats about as much as I can find for reviews. Hopefully my 6.5 Mg7k gets out of jail soon.

It has the 1.375x24 TPI threads that have become the industry standard; maybe there’s a 3 lug adapter available somewhere?
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123