Thread: Early Type 1 Remington Rand 1911A1

Feedback Score

Early Type 1 Remington Rand 1911A1

Thought I might stop in here and share this find. I was looking for a WW II era 1911A1 to go with my other allied wartime firearms and awhile back happened upon this particular pistol in a local pawn shop. It's a early production Remington Rand Type 1 manufactured between Nov 1942 and March 1943. At that point they stopped production, retooled and changed the markings on the next run. Note that on this one NEW YORK is spelled out and the O in SER NO has a line under it. These were changed on the later production. The pistol is still in it's original Dulite finish and sports some WW I parts and barrel from Colt as Remington wasn't fully in production of all necessary parts. Holster that came with it is wartime vintage as well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Very neat, thanks for sharing! How much was the pawn shop asking?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Congrats on an incredible find!

-Rainman

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    That's a dandy.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    That is very, very nice!

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Outstanding! Love the Old Remingtons, I have always wanted an old war dog like that and especially with Syracuse NY only 25 miles from where I live the History is deep in this neck of the woods! Hell I regret selling my Modern-day Remington that had Ilion NY on it, they're made down South now I believe. Again, big congrats on your great pistol !

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the comments. I got lucky on this one as I got it for $1200.00 (originally priced at $1500) because they thought it was a standard post war rebuild mix master.

I turned up a decent Jan/1944 production Type 14 Nambu with 2 (1 matching) mags and transitional holster in the same shop for $400.00.

Sadly this WW II stuff isn't turning up much anymore.

Feedback Score
    RandB.jpgColtB.jpg

They certainly are......