I'm trying to figure out if this is typical or if it's the combination of a Skinner winged sight and the factory dovetail front sight.

Picked up a 90's Marlin 1894 in .38/.357 (18.5" barrel). Was only able to take it to the range briefly as it was going to storm. From 25ish yards (maybe 30), the 158gr .357s I was shooting were about 2-3 inches high and the .38 +P LSWCHP were right there with them. At 100, the .357s opened up quite a bit, but I was still within a 10" target using peep sights, so I'd call that acceptable. I have some 140gr Hornady Leverevolution that I didn't get a chance to try.

Does anyone have trajectory data for this gun and .38/.357 loads? I've read that 158gr is best in either caliber, but is .38 only good out to about 50 yards for any kind of accuracy?

Also, can't speak highly enough for Ranger Point Precision parts. I had their lever and trigger installed. The trigger is the best out of the package rifle trigger I've ever shot - about 3#s and no take up, just a crisp break.