Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Moderately High End High Capacity 9mm

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Best Glock you can buy is $4-500. Plus sights. If you want a classier pistol, you’ll have to get it from E. Langdon or whoever works on 22x Sigs.
    Last edited by 1168; 04-01-20 at 06:56.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortunate1 View Post
    I will look into the 2011. Thanks for the insight. I am also looking at the Beretta 92x.

I am looking hard at the 2011, The new question is Tri Arc or STi?
    If you find a Triarc 2011 for less than $2500, let us know.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Another option is the Dan Wesson DWX full size or compact. Haven’t seen any reviews yet, but they use a solid foundation of available and proven CZ magazines. 1911 trigger meets CZ 75, all metal gun.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Business_Casual View Post
    Hi Power
    My thought, as well. Nothing like a nice, slightly custom Hi Power. Should be near-heirloom quality for around $2k. For something more "factory", I'd probably go with a STI Staccato.

Feedback Score
    I am a hero in my own mind, so if I identify as a hero can I get the discount?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ClangClang View Post
    -Tanfoglio are very similar to CZ. High end Italian gun. Can be harder to come by though.
    Sold in the US as the EAA Witness series. Not super expensive or hard to find. IMHO not as good as a real CZ, or even as the Jericho series which is simply a clone of the Witness.

OP: why would you want your kid's heirloom to be carried daily, and potentially scratched up, dropped, stolen or confiscated?

Buy the pistol that works best for your EDC, based on appropriate size/thickness and what you can shoot well.

Most of the fancy guns listed won't have any parts support in 20 years. 1911s and 2011s will, as will genuine SIG and Beretta pistols. CZ may or may not have support depending on the model - CZ does abandon some models over time, as do many companies. Pick among 1911, SIG and Beretta options for heirlooms. My crystal ball says the Beretta will lose appeal over time and the European-designed metal-framed SIGs (P210, P220, P226) along with quality 1911s will still be popular decades from now. If you just have to have a $1k carry gun, a P229 would be an option.
    Last edited by SomeOtherGuy; 04-01-20 at 14:37.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Spend money on ammo and training.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    I've had Agencys. They're nice guns. But I'd go with an STI Staccato 2011. Either a P or a C2. Because that's what I did.
    This was my first thought.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Agreed on the Hi Power. Specifically a Centennial model. They are beautiful and functional.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    OP: why would you want your kid's heirloom to be carried daily, and potentially scratched up, dropped, stolen or confiscated?
    The best heirlooms are things that you actually used.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast