Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Moderately High End High Capacity 9mm

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I just shot a friend's SIG 226 SAO Legion and holy cow that thing shoots like an absolute dream. The trigger is phenomenal, recoil felt like a .380 instead of 9mm, and I was making accurate hits with SPEED right out the gate. I would consider looking at one of those as well.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Wilson Combat EDC x9 looks nice
    "Guns attract retards like moths to a porch light."-markm

Feedback Score
    A CZ Shadow 2 will be all the gun that an iron sighted STI will be for much less, with much cheaper magazines, if you can easily manipulate the CZ safety or want a DA/SA gun. That's a big "if" though and there is a reason the more expensive 2011s dominate shooting sports where SAO is allowed. But price wise they are a good value compared to a 2011 that costs a thousand more and doesn't come with a metal grip. It will also have a finish that will wear horribly.

The TSO will feel much bigger in the hand and represents much less of a value, but does come in 40.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Langdon LTT Elite with associated trigger job
    As the great warrior poet Ice-Cube once said, "If the day does not require an AK, it is good."

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    STI Staccato P Duo

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Last edited by RWH24; 04-07-20 at 17:37.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinn View Post
    Wilson Combat EDC x9 looks nice
    Yes, this. Excellent quality and pedigree.

Feedback Score
    I went down this road recently. Modified Glocks, Wilson combat Beretta 92s, SAO Beretta 92s, Cajun gun works cz omegas... I have a STI Stacatto P duo, the Stacatto XC, and am waiting for a C2. They are amazing guns. I am about 10k in between optics and mags. No regrets.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KTR03 View Post
    I went down this road recently. Modified Glocks, Wilson combat Beretta 92s, SAO Beretta 92s, Cajun gun works cz omegas... I have a STI Stacatto P duo, the Stacatto XC, and am waiting for a C2. They are amazing guns. I am about 10k in between optics and mags. No regrets.
    Back on a keyboard. There are some really cool 9mm pistols out there. My old school all time favorites are the Swiss made Sig 210 and the HK P7m8. They are both awesome but I wanted a more modern high capacity 9mm. I then chased the Beretta Wison Combat gun with action and trigger job. What a great gun. Accurate and soft shooting. Suppresses well. But... no ability to mount MRDS systems. Went to custom Beretta's with SAO triggers. Also great. My centurion SAO is just a great iron sighted gun. Again no MRDS, and no accessory rails...

That led me to the STI 2011 Stacatto P (2019). I always had thought of them but was turned off my the cost and the finickyness of the magazines. BUt with the gen 2 mags you get a 50 dollar mag (which is alot but doable) that is reliable and widely available. The gun is accurate, reliable, and currently sports a holoson 508T. I then got the Stacatto XC which is a a full size ported gun. It is really a ridiculous pistol. Recoiless, reliable and accurate. I am waiting for the C2 (which is the G19 sized aluminum frame gun). That will be the daily carry gun. So for a "moderately" high end 9mm, you can get a Stacatto P for 2K and Stacatto P Duos for 2.5K. I'd say this, I have about 10 Glocks in 9mm and 3 subguns that take glock mags. To get me to move to a 50 dollar magazine, 2.5k gun, it had to be very clearly superior. And these are.
    Damien

If a large number of people are willing to kill you for saying something, then it probably really needs to be said. .

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Little more than your price range, but the nicest 9mm I’ve shot was the Wilson Combat EDC X9L. Damn fine gun.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast