Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: How fancy and up to date is your every day basic carry?

Feedback Score
    USP-C or a Glock 23 circa 1992, in a Milt Sparks VM2. Maybe a spare mag but mostly not. Maybe a Griptilian but maybe not...

I have left knives, live rounds, those little green notebooks and all manner of things in the wash and sometimes I get to it before she does but usually not and I pay for it.

One modern thing (besides the iPhone) is a Kore Essentials belt, which looks cool but has kevlar in it, I think. So far it holds up better than any of the Galco belts I've had over the years!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Walther PPQ, spare mag, handheld flashlight, (Surefire G2X), and a cheap-o S&W folding knife.

That's it.

Feedback Score
    The best belt I've ever used is called the "Liger." It's thin enough that it doesn't feel or look like you're wearing a wooden hula hoop around your waist and supportive enough that it doesn't sag like a dress belt. The belt buck is also very low profile and doesn't print through a T-shirt.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

How fancy and up to date is your every day basic carry?

I think I’m on the modern side:
    G43 in KD Kydex holster
    5.11 EDC 2AAA light
    ZT SKD 360 folder
    Z-clip carbon fiber minimalist wallet
    Tile Bluetooth tracker on my keys and a jiggler key for car doors
    Bogota titanium pick set from serepick (slides in the middle of my wallet)
    AirPods
    Apple Watch
    Leatherman Wave in the daytime, otherwise it takes up too much room in my pocket.
    Last edited by sandsunsurf; 04-02-20 at 18:58.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Got to admit, my first thought guys a burlar who puts way to much faith in his VPN hider.'
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Got to admit, my first thought guys a burlar who puts way to much faith in his VPN hider.'
    Lol, I do use a VPN when I travel or am using free WiFi but not to hide my IP when I post here.. oh and def not a burglar, but I was always the go-to guy for non-destructive or surreptitious entry. It’s fun and old habits (hobbies?) die hard, and occasionally I still have helped a person locked out of their car or, more frequently, I pick padlocks when some tool locks us out of the daisy chain on a gate.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post

In hot weather I frequently will drop down to carrying just a Smith and Wesson 638 in a pocket holster, with two or three Bianchi Speed Strips in the other pocket - not because I have any illusions about being able to speed reload a J-frame in a gunfight, but in the event I shoot the gun dry for some reason, I’m not left with an empty gun while I’m waiting for help to arrive. Carry load for the 638 is Hornady 110gr Critical Defense, although I’ve actually been hearing interesting things about the old wadcutters for a carry load for snubs.

Non-gun stuff consists of a Streamlight Microstream, a leatherman multi tool, a cheap Milwaukee folding knife and the other regular items like phone, wallet, keys etc...
    My "everywhere" gun is now a no-lock Smith 638 in a pocket holster and 1 speed strip with JFP. The gun is loaded with wadcutters because it's way more accurate than any other load I've tried and the recoil is almost non-existent. The speed strip is more for peace of mind, because, like you mentioned, I"m not going to be able to load it quickly or probably need it, but it's better than having an empty gun.

New carry is a Sig 365 with a 15 round spare.

Feedback Score
    Threads like this amaze me, for two reasons.

First is how much stuff some people carry.

Second is how many people still carry J frames for protection.

Not being critical of those choices, just amazed.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sundance435 View Post
    My "everywhere" gun is now a no-lock Smith 638 in a pocket holster and 1 speed strip with JFP. The gun is loaded with wadcutters because it's way more accurate than any other load I've tried and the recoil is almost non-existent. The speed strip is more for peace of mind, because, like you mentioned, I"m not going to be able to load it quickly or probably need it, but it's better than having an empty gun.

New carry is a Sig 365 with a 15 round spare.
    Yeah at some point here I’m thinking I will try out the Federal Gold Medal 148gr wadcutters.
    My 638 had the lock but even the slightest possibility that it might somehow engage itself led to corrective measures being taken. I had bought it used and it didn’t come with the key, which made the lock extra unacceptable.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    Threads like this amaze me, for two reasons.

First is how much stuff some people carry.

Second is how many people still carry J frames for protection.

Not being critical of those choices, just amazed.
    It’s not my first choice for sure, but they have a certain niche that they fill well.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast