Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sig P320 X Carry Professional thoughts

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Sig P320 X Carry Professional thoughts

I don't see a lot of reviews on this handgun, but I purchased one around 6 months ago. I had bought a civilian M17 and was impressed with the P320 models and Sig's 21 round mags. The professional comes with three 17 round, night sights (not attached to the rear plate), a cut out for the Leupold DPP, a decent grip, and flat trigger.

My only complaint would be the grip isn't aggressively textured, which has pros and cons. I have not shot in the rain yet, but I've sweated like crazy shooting it out at Altus in Baker, FL. Hot, humid and revealed a little more texture would be a benefit. I know this is subjective though The great thing is that a new grip module is around $40.00, and if I messed it up trying to stipple, no real large loss.

I shot 147+P, 115, Ranger, and some real cheap stuff, and after 500 rounds and no cleaning, no problem. I have had 0 malfunctions.

I know the market is flooded with great handguns,but if your not familiar with the Sig P320 X-Carry professional and you like the P320 family, check this out.

Blessings,

BC

Feedback Score
    I bought one last year. Was going to replace the trusty 19. I did some good training with it. It was a very nice shooting pistol. But it was too wide for me to carry. If you can carry it, i would go for it. I like the fact i would swap grips out. i could have the full size grip for winter carry and the compact for summer. Easier then the 17/19 set up i have now.

Feedback Score
    I've got a pair of pro series P320s, one X-Carry, One Full Size. Over 1K of mixed 115, 124, but primarily Speer Lawman 147 TMJ and Speer 147 grain Gold Dot G2 through one of them. No issues. The second one is newer and has a lower round count. The pistols have the disconnectors and the thinner triggers. I actually, grabbed an X-Compact Grip frame and an SC slide and it's really nice as well.
    Last edited by cd228; 07-25-20 at 10:01.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    A while back I replaced my G19 and G43 with a P320 X-Compact and P365. I’ve been extremely happy with the Sigs and have had zero issues. Don’t see owning another Glock in the future.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I can highly recommend the Wilson Combat grip modules. They're fantastic for the price. The stippling is pretty aggressive. The overall shape is significantly different, and to me, a huge improvement in ergonomics. Currently, they don't seem to have a full size frame with the manual safety cutouts. They do have the carry/compact frames with the cutout. They've been out of stock pretty frequently, since I imagine they're selling like crazy, but seems like they come available every week or other week. https://shopwilsoncombat.com/Modules/products/1269/

"Ammo in the gun = Time in the fight." -Paul Gomez

Texas Gun Talk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I did not know about the WC option. Thanks!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellycrawl View Post
    I don't see a lot of reviews on this handgun, but I purchased one around 6 months ago. I had bought a civilian M17 and was impressed with the P320 models and Sig's 21 round mags. The professional comes with three 17 round, night sights (not attached to the rear plate), a cut out for the Leupold DPP, a decent grip, and flat trigger.

My only complaint would be the grip isn't aggressively textured, which has pros and cons. I have not shot in the rain yet, but I've sweated like crazy shooting it out at Altus in Baker, FL. Hot, humid and revealed a little more texture would be a benefit. I know this is subjective though The great thing is that a new grip module is around $40.00, and if I messed it up trying to stipple, no real large loss.

I shot 147+P, 115, Ranger, and some real cheap stuff, and after 500 rounds and no cleaning, no problem. I have had 0 malfunctions.

I know the market is flooded with great handguns,but if your not familiar with the Sig P320 X-Carry professional and you like the P320 family, check this out.

Blessings,

BC
    I got mine P320 X-Carry last year, as a deal at LGS ( $650 + tax ). The gun came with SIG SAUER Romeo1 Miniature Reflex 1x30mm 3 MOA Red Dot included in the deal. I tried the Red Dot, and I didn't like it, so I sold it on Ebay, and the gun came pretty cheap (around $500 ). Its my only SIG, and overall, I like it. I love the trigger. I don't have another gun with flat trigger. Its very good. I like the cuts on the slide. Looks really good. Its quality made gun, except the grip. The grip is average. I've aded some anti slip grip glove, and its better now. I'm more accurate with the sleeve on. I've shoot somewhere around 350-400 different grain bullets. No issues at all. Honestly, I didn't expect any. I like the night sights, and 17 rd magazine, but I don't carry it. Its a bit bulky for me. Instead, I carry Glock 48. On my gun, the rear night sights are attached to the removable plate.
    SIG.jpg
    SIG 2.jpg

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I love mine and shoot a Legion X5 in competition so it is a natural transition. If you can buy the Wilson grip awesome. But I’d have to buy 17 round mags. So no go for me.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have the old model X-Carry without the factory cutout for a RDS. I had a first gen P320 Compact as well...I ended up selling it to fund something else, but got the X Carry instead. Honestly...I'm not a huge fan of the flat trigger. I like the grip over the first gen P320's, but it's just meh. It has a weird reset to me, and it's not my most accurate. Size/capacity ratio is good though. I flirt with selling it, as I'll probably never carry it.

Feedback Score
    My SIG its not my most favorite, or most accurate. Neither is the slimmest gun I have for carrying, but I will never sell it, even if I don't use it a lot lately. I've never sold any of my guns. Once I asked my LGS how much will they pay for some guns I don't need, and I got ridiculous offers. They offered me something like $75 for Ruger P95, and $80 for Walther P22. I decided to keep them and just buy what I can afford without scraping my old guns.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast