Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Options for 6920HBPW ..?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Question Options for 6920HBPW ..?

Colt with the heavy 14.5” barrel, pinned/welded. Everything standard: trigger is milspec, A2 FH, etc. No upgrades.

This carbine is a general purpose piece for me: I keep it near me at home for HD, take it out to a nearby canyon for 200-yard practice, and pack it in the truck when work requires me to travel to other western states - “just in case.”

Originally figured an ACOG would be best for this barrel but I’m guessing that isn’t a great choice for the HD mission (?)

Am considering an EOTech and various different Aimpoints. *Edit: I have $1250 cash saved up for this purpose.

All suggestions gratefully appreciated.
    Last edited by Buncheong; 04-01-20 at 01:59.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Hard to beat a T2 and aimpoint 3x-c magnifier combo for all around utility and HD. You might even be able to squeak a surefire scout 300 for a weapon light into your budget as well. Its hard to suggest eotech for a HD rifle roll. If you desire the eotech type circle dot, I would seriously consider one of the higher end holosun reticles. I don't recommend the solar variety, but the normal battery models have been rock solid for myself and my team as we beat the hell out of our test units for the last 2 years.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I would look at the Steiner PXi 1X4 with red dot. Well within your budget-most excellent optic, money be damned.
    Ive had mine for over a couple years now and I & everyone thats used it loves it. Excellent reviews on youtube.
    German glass, USA made to boot.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I appreciate the replies and helpful suggestions, Gentlemen - thank you very much.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    T2 in G mount, Arisaka single cell light in Arisaka picatinney mount, and a stubby Tangodown vertical grip. That should all be well within your budget and makes for a very capable carbine. Add a magnifier later if you feel you need/want.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    Hard to beat a T2 and aimpoint 3x-c magnifier combo for all around utility and HD.
    Agreed. I have a Colt 6920-R Trooper setup in the same vein, with an H2 & 3X-C magnifier and Surefire on it. Natchez had a great deal last year on the H-2 w/mount for $545 and SOLGW had a great sale on the 3X-C with mount for $299

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Question

Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    T2 in G mount, Arisaka single cell light in Arisaka picatinney mount, and a stubby Tangodown vertical grip.
    You prefer the Geissele mount to the LaRue mount?

I was about to pick up this one until I saw your post:

https://www.larue.com/products/aimpo...d-mount-combo/

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buncheong View Post
    You prefer the Geissele mount to the LaRue mount?

I was about to pick up this one until I saw your post:

https://www.larue.com/products/aimpo...d-mount-combo/

You need to call Larue to see what optics they actually have in stock. You can order even though they are out of stock. The website does not reflect inventory.

A few weeks ago I called about that combo and the guy told me the only red dots they have is some Comp M3s. I asked when they expected to get more Trijicons or Aimpoints and he just said "sometime in 2020."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Excellent advice, thank you - wish I’d known about a week ago.

Placed an order for the T2 with LaRue, and 48 hours later received the “backordered” email.

Tried calling but no one answers, left voicemail. E-mailed too. Haven’t heard back from them as yet.
    ”New levels of dissimulation being reached for - and gained – in the faux journalism/gov spokesmen/shadowy ‘intelligence’ nexus which blends together the worst elements of controlled medias, puppet governments, & mafia-led ‘security’ forces, as our ‘post-reality’ era jets further and further away from any remotely real ‘events,’ authentic ‘leaders,’ & factual reporting.”

~ Yuno

"The future is bright, mostly because flames are on the horizon."

~ Author unknown

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yeah the only way I happened on that is because I couldn't find another T2 anywhere to buy except there. It seemed odd so I called to verify stock and of course they don't have them just like everyone else.

It seems like an easy edit of your website if you're out of stock on something and know it will take many months to restock.

You could probably just keep bothering them and cancel your order.

FWIW, I think your rifle would mate up well with an EOTech EXPS. Short, heavy barrel that would do well with high volume blasting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast