Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trijicon 3x magnifier

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Trijicon 3x magnifier

Mine just arrived today. Mounted it behind an Eotech EXPS2 on a DDM4V7 that used to bear a LVPO. Was going to go with Eotech's new G43 (or perhaps their G45) but those won't be shipping until late spring/early summer and I'm impatient. Plus I like the price tag on the Trijicon better.

Anyway, this thing lines up great behind the EXPS2 and I'm glad they decided to use the same exact flip-to-side mount that Eotech uses for their magnifiers. I'm not sure how it compares in size and weight to the G43 but it is definitely smaller and lighter than my G33 that I have on another rifle. Glass is excellent and crystal clear as you'd expect from Trijicon.

One thing that has to be said though....I simply cannot believe that Trijicon didn't engineer this thing to fit above Troy folding rear sights! The magnifier was unable to completely deploy because the bottom was hitting the body of the Troy sight - thus it sat at a very noticeable cant which is completely unacceptable. So I grinded off part of the iron sight until the magnifier was able to totally snap in to position the way it should. And I had to grind off a fair bit of that sight to be honest. Hopefully the last two photos below will illustrate exactly what I'm talking about. I know there's a lot of back-up iron sights out there now that are more "low-pro" than the Troys but I have a hard time believing that Troy irons aren't still very popular and still sit on top of many rifles out there so the fact that Trijicon didn't make this magnifier compatible with them (without modification) had me shaking my head a bit.

Feedback Score
    It's made in China, that's why it's cheaper than other brands.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post
    It's made in China, that's why it's cheaper than other brands.
    I don’t know about that, primary arms and vortex yes. But Trijicon either makes it in Michigan or they use Japanese glass.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    These new Trijicon Magnifiers look strikingly similar to the vortex magnifiers that just hit the streets.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorinInTheWoods View Post
    I don’t know about that, primary arms and vortex yes. But Trijicon either makes it in Michigan or they use Japanese glass.
    I've heard from other sources that it is true that it's made in China. I'm still not opposed to buying one, but I'm looking for real world experiences with them.

OP - that rear sight looks pretty tall (folded), maybe you need to get a lower profile one. Maybe something like the MBUS Pro would work better.

Arms Unlimited currently has these on sale for $350. https://www.armsunlimited.com/Trijic...-p/2600001.htm
    Last edited by officerX; 06-09-20 at 16:09.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by officerX View Post
    I've heard from other sources that it is true that it's made in China.[/URL]
    "Made in China" is laser engraved underneath the magnifier body.

They want to sell this product at a certain price point hence why it's made there.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    These new Trijicon Magnifiers look strikingly similar to the vortex magnifiers that just hit the streets.
    But the Vortex has way better clearance over rear flip up sights.
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    Thanks for posting about the fitment issues. Can’t see how that made it past the testing phase given how many folks have Troy rear sights.

I’ve been waiting for the Eotech 5x magnifier to hit stores. Similar design. I hope it won’t have the same fitment issues.

How’s the eye relief on the Trijicon?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Vaquero View Post
    Thanks for posting about the fitment issues. Can’t see how that made it past the testing phase given how many folks have Troy rear sights.

I’ve been waiting for the Eotech 5x magnifier to hit stores. Similar design. I hope it won’t have the same fitment issues.

How’s the eye relief on the Trijicon?
    Sorry for the late reply. I'm still running the Trijicon on that rifle with no issues other than the initial modification I had to make on my rear iron sight. Eye relief is actually VERY good. Its 68mm compared to the Eotech G33's 55.8mm.

Curious...did you end up with a G45? I'm considering one for a different rifle

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'd like to try one of these magnifiers. I can't remember anyone shooting with us who runs one.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast