Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trijicon 3x magnifier

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyt16 View Post
    Sorry for the late reply. I'm still running the Trijicon on that rifle with no issues other than the initial modification I had to make on my rear iron sight. Eye relief is actually VERY good. Its 68mm compared to the Eotech G33's 55.8mm.

Curious...did you end up with a G45? I'm considering one for a different rifle
    I did get the G45. It’s behind a T-2 on a Geissele mount. The G45 using the factory mount doesn’t quite line up perfectly behind the Geissele but once you have the dot centered in the magnifier it’s a non issue. It’s only aesthetics. And no fitment issues with my Troy backup sights. The glass is good. Feels very ruggedly built. I like it.

I bought a Credo 1-6 to play around with and I like red dot/magnifier combo better than my LPVO. It fits my needs better.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Also, in case anyone cares, Trijicon makes their 3x magnifiers in the Phillipines now.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I looked at these things on the google machine. Too rich for my blood. I was thinking import would be half the price they bring. I'd have to rent one before committing to such a gadget.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by odugrad View Post
    Also, in case anyone cares, Trijicon makes their 3x magnifiers in the Phillipines now.
    I care, but would need it to clear a Troy rear BUIS.

If I was buying a Chinese magnifier; Vortex, Holosun, Primary Arms, and SIG all sell a similar optic - why pay for Trijicon labeling?

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 12-23-22 at 10:28.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Vaquero View Post
    I did get the G45. It’s behind a T-2 on a Geissele mount. The G45 using the factory mount doesn’t quite line up perfectly behind the Geissele but once you have the dot centered in the magnifier it’s a non issue. It’s only aesthetics. And no fitment issues with my Troy backup sights. The glass is good. Feels very ruggedly built. I like it.

I bought a Credo 1-6 to play around with and I like red dot/magnifier combo better than my LPVO. It fits my needs better.
    Oh cool. Would love to see photos of that rig. If I could go back I would have waited until the G45 came out and purchased that.

I sold off all my LPVOs a few years ago and now all my carbines bear either a red dot + magnifier or just a red dot alone.

Another photo from a few years ago that I never posted showing the clearance issue with Trijicon compared to an Eotech magnifier....

[IMG][/IMG]

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Interesting set ups.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm pretty sure the trijicon came with a riser. Did you use that?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by odugrad View Post
    I'm pretty sure the trijicon came with a riser. Did you use that?
    The riser plates fit in between the bottom of the magnifier body and the mounting plate. And that mounting plate extends to about 3/4 the length of the body. Look at the design difference between the Trijicon and the G33.

Feedback Score
    How well does the Trijicon magnifier work in low light conditions? I have the Vortex 3X micro and it’s very dim, almost unusable, in rainy weather dusk etc. I was wondering if Trijicon worked better in those conditions.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast