Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trijicon 3x magnifier

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    How well does the Trijicon magnifier work in low light conditions? I have the Vortex 3X micro and it’s very dim, almost unusable, in rainy weather dusk etc. I was wondering if Trijicon worked better in those conditions.
    Its not bad. I wouldn't call it great but definitely not horrible or unusable. The Trijicon's objective lens size is 25mm if that helps.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyt16 View Post
    Its not bad. I wouldn't call it great but definitely not horrible or unusable. The Trijicon's objective lens size is 25mm if that helps.
    Thanks that helps.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    AR15discounts has the Vortex Micro 3X magnifier with flip for $230 now. That's about cheap enough to try one of these out.

Sh1t! I grabbed one. Good reviews and review pics on their site. QD attach too? Not much downside risk.
    Last edited by markm; 01-18-23 at 11:22.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    AR15discounts has the Vortex Micro 3X magnifier with flip for $230 now. That's about cheap enough to try one of these out.

Sh1t! I grabbed one. Good reviews and review pics on their site. QD attach too? Not much downside risk.
    Glad you found something in your budget that will allow you to try a magnifier. I think you will enjoy using one. Which gun is it going on and what red dot will you have it behind? Let us know how it works out for you.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Glad you found something in your budget that will allow you to try a magnifier. I think you will enjoy using one. Which gun is it going on and what red dot will you have it behind? Let us know how it works out for you.
    I'm going to try it behind the EOtech XPS for sure. But we'll probably bounce it around on several Aimpoints, and a Romeo RDS to see how we like it. We've gotten to where we know the hold overs out to 500 yards, but with zero magnification, it's far from precise. I hope to have it for next weekend.

I'll definitely post about it here.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    You will love how the magnifier sharpens up the Eotech's reticle.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    You will love how the magnifier sharpens up the Eotech's reticle.
    I bet. My eyes make it a little fuzzy, but not too terrible. I'm excited to try a magnifier.

Feedback Score

The Vortex is pretty good, not as good of glass obviously as the Eotech, and I'm still mad I sold mine when I sold my XPS-2, but after getting the Vortex I'm not exactly in any hurry to upgrade it back to an Eotech. I'd like a look at the Trijicon, but just haven't seen many around.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    The Vortex is pretty good, not as good of glass obviously as the Eotech, and I'm still mad I sold mine when I sold my XPS-2, but after getting the Vortex I'm not exactly in any hurry to upgrade it back to an Eotech. I'd like a look at the Trijicon, but just haven't seen many around.
    The Trijicon looks wildly similar to the Vortex to me. I mean the lever on the mount and everything. If I ended up loving the concept, I'd be willing to buy an Eotech for higher quality.

What I don't get are they caps over what looks be reticle adjustments on the Vortex. The tube is even marked as such.

Feedback Score
    What I don't get are they caps over what looks be reticle adjustments on the Vortex. The tube is even marked as such.
    They are, I guess I just utilize this with one optic and don't take it on and off the rifle enough to where that is an issue and kinda liked that they were more tucked away vs the g33
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast