Thread: Suppressor recommendations for Smith & wesson mp15 sport 2

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Suppressor recommendations for Smith & wesson mp15 sport 2

Some questions come to mind.
    Is this the only host/caliber you plan to use the suppressor with?
    Do you want a direct thread or a quick detach type of mount?

I have a Palmetto State Defense .223 can that is direct thread. It is used on any of my .223 platforms including my 10.5”SBR. It handles .204 ruger as well.

You could go up to a 30 caliber can which gives you options from .223/5.56 - 6mm - 6.5mm - 30 cal (all the way up to 300 win mag).

Go look at Capitol Amory’s website as well as SilencerShop. There is a heap of info and pictures to take a gander at.

There are quite a few companies that make .223 suppressors most of which will do a good job for you.

Don’t get caught up in the obsession of details...you’ll never end up getting one.

Where are you located ? Is there a shop near you that is a class 3 dealer that can handle the transfer ?

Are you going to transfer it as a trust or individual ?

Those are all factors besides which can.

Feedback Score
    Suppressor recommendations for Smith & wesson mp15 sport 2? pictures or links would be awesome

its a 5.56. i prefer a direct thread over a quick detach but also looking for suggestions due to this is the first time ill be dipping my toes into suppressor's

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Prefer QD over direct thread. Barrel shoulder squareness can be an issue. It’s easier to shim a muzzle device and use an alignment rod to be sure the device is concentric to the bore. Once that is done then the can should be concentric if it’s correctly attached to the device.

I prefer Surefire brakes and suppressors because of the shim kits included with the brakes. They also have a very minimal but consistent POI shift when the can is attached. There are numerous 51T type QD mounts that work well as well. YMMV.

I don’t trust my cans to a barrel shoulder with or without a brake unless I check it with an alignment rod.
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.