Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Suppressor recommendations for AR-10

Feedback Score
    I have three 30 cal suppressors. A Gemtech Sandstorm, an AAC Mk-13 QD, and a KAC 762 QDC CQB. The Sandstorm is threaded on my wife’s 300 BO SBR. It is so quiet a competition shot-timer won’t reliably pick up shots when held over the shooters shoulder. The quick detach Mk-13 moves between several firearms, but shines when affixed to a LWRC 20” REPR. I get negligible impact shift and it tightens groups with most ammo. With 168gr. LE ammo from Federal or Hornady the REPR is a nicely suppressed marksman’s rifle. The little KAC can has been a huge disappointment. While on a 556 NATO chambered gun a mini suppressor can reduce sound levels to near hearing safe, the high pressure of a 308 or better gun the short KAC can is totally ineffective. It works moderately well on a 300 BO, and provides noticeable (but not hearing safe) sound reduction on a SIG 556R chambered in 7.63x39, but only an expensive flash hider on a 308/7.62 NATO chambered rifle.

Feedback Score
    I have been running a Griffin Recce 7 on my AR10 and just finished building another. The Griffin is heavier than the built not much but noticeable. I am no silencer expert but both do the job. Pic is of the Recce 7

And just to add a little info the built can took 28 days on a eForm 1
    Pic of the build can in a few

Feedback Score
    I have been running a Griffin Recce 7 on my AR10 and just finished building another. The Griffin is heavier than the I built not much but noticeable. I am no silencer expert but both do the job. Pic is of the Recce 7
    Last edited by greg1147; 12-13-20 at 09:05. Reason: pics gone

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My goal is to run a Deadair Sandman on my 7.62 OBR. It was approved 46 days ago, still waiting on the stamp to arrive.

The idea is that I can swap it between any of my guns be they 5.56, 300, or 308/7.62 or even 7.62x39. When in stock, Deadair has mounts for all kinds of thread pitches which makes it a lot easier to swap the can from one to another.

I also have a SandmanS which was approved at the end of May, that will stay primarily on my 11.5" SBR, but again, I can have it on any of my rifles, since they will all get compatible muzzle devices.

The versatility is what drew me to Deadair
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123