Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Suppressor recommendations for AR-10

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    A lot of recommendations in a thread like this may come from someone that only has one or two cans and that is generally the can they will recommend. It is typically not the view of the current market. There are a lot of great recommended cans in this thread like Knights and Sig but are they a good fit for what you want?

What's the goal. What are you looking for out of the can besides length? Are you going to use it on other guns? Do you want a QD system or direct thread? Are you more concerned with sound or weight? Are you going to shoot 556? 300 blk? Do you primarily shoot it at the range or in your backyard with grumpy neighbors? What type of AR10 is it going on? Do you have an adjustable gas block?

Typically I recommend your rank you needs and we can give you a solid recommendation based one what you are looking for. A suppressor for an AR10 is too general and since most of the time its a lifetime purchase you want to think it through for your given need.

Below is example of ranking from most to least important. But this may also change based on what the can will be used for. If its for 300 blk I will value db reduction far more than if its a 308 or 556 can as you will typically be shooting it with hearing protection. If it's only for one gun I may not want QD, ect...

-Mount/locking mechanism
    -POI shift
    -Accuracy
    -Blowback on semiautomatic weapons
    -Signature (flash etc.)
    -Weight
    -Durability
    -Customer service/support
    -db reduction
    -Price

Feedback Score
    That is a great list of requirements and always makes the decision process a bit easier. Especially with the growth in the Can business over the last several years, there are so many choices good/bad. Running through that list, rack and stack, then decide what works best for your needs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    A lot of recommendations in a thread like this may come from someone that only has one or two cans and that is generally the can they will recommend. It is typically not the view of the current market. There are a lot of great recommended cans in this thread like Knights and Sig but are they a good fit for what you want?

What's the goal. What are you looking for out of the can besides length? Are you going to use it on other guns? Do you want a QD system or direct thread? Are you more concerned with sound or weight? Are you going to shoot 556? 300 blk? Do you primarily shoot it at the range or in your backyard with grumpy neighbors? What type of AR10 is it going on? Do you have an adjustable gas block?

Typically I recommend your rank you needs and we can give you a solid recommendation based one what you are looking for. A suppressor for an AR10 is too general and since most of the time its a lifetime purchase you want to think it through for your given need.

Below is example of ranking from most to least important. But this may also change based on what the can will be used for. If its for 300 blk I will value db reduction far more than if its a 308 or 556 can as you will typically be shooting it with hearing protection. If it's only for one gun I may not want QD, ect...

-Mount/locking mechanism
    -POI shift
    -Accuracy
    -Blowback on semiautomatic weapons
    -Signature (flash etc.)
    -Weight
    -Durability
    -Customer service/support
    -db reduction
    -Price
    This is excellent advice and definitely the right questions to consider. The more info you give, the better advice you will get.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    This is excellent advice and definitely the right questions to consider. The more info you give, the better advice you will get.
    You may also not understand your priorities yet. I didn't when I got my Omega. One of the worst things about firearms is the general inability to test drive guns and accessories before we buy them, especially big ticket items.

I thought my priorities were decibel reduction and weight, but it turns out my primary suppressor priority is low backpressure. If it sucks to shoot, you won't shoot it!

Feedback Score
    In terms or price, overall function/value, and array of various threads available,
    I had been a Pham of YHM Phantom SS cans in 5.56 and 7.62, with phantom QD muzzle brakes and flash hiders.

But it seems to be a legacy platform now.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    Curious; is there anything you don't like about the Omega?

-Rainman
    I love the Omega, I just want to add a can or two that aren’t from Silencerco.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I shot a friends OSS Helix with frontward ports and was very impressed. Might want to look at those beast.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    SiCo Omega on my 16" AR-10.

Untitled by Cory Fluck, on Flickr
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Dead Air Sandman K...... The best QD mount I have seen. Great can. And for the size it works great. In a 16" Noveske.

In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    Dead Air Sandman K...... The best QD mount I have seen. Great can. And for the size it works great. In a 16" Noveske.

I just recently got mine out of jail.
    Wanted something a bit smaller, hopefully it’ll fit the bill.

Sadly, I haven’t had the chance to run it yet...my plan is to run 300 Blackout subsonics thru it, so it should be under 140 dB.

But I can’t wait to shoot it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast