Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Albuquerque police looking for a few good snitches"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

"Albuquerque police looking for a few good snitches"

This amused the hell out of me. http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...e/6127178.html

"ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — The Albuquerque Police Department has turned to the want ads for snitches.

An ad this week in the alternative newspaper The Alibi asks "people who hang out with crooks" to do part-time work for the police.

It reads in part: "Make some extra cash! Drug use and criminal record OK."

Capt. Joe Hudson says police received more than 30 responses in two days. He says one tip was a "big one" but wouldn't elaborate.

An informant whose tip helps officers arrest a drug dealer could earn $50. A tip about a murder suspect could bring as much as $700.

It's not the first time the department has run ads. In a program 10 years ago, police received so many calls they turned the phones off."

Feedback Score
    Wow, $700 bucks. That's what a life is worth these days.

Seriously, I hate these "rat on your neighbor" programs. The government encouraging citizens to spy on one another. Sure, these folks are all probably people most of us could care less about, but they already want your plumber to be on the lookout for anything suspicious.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    "In a program 10 years ago, police received so many calls they turned the phones off."

Awesome police work! With guardians of that caliber the sheep are indeed safe.

M_P

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by modern_pirate View Post
    "In a program 10 years ago, police received so many calls they turned the phones off."

Awesome police work! With guardians of that caliber the sheep are indeed safe.

M_P
    UGGGHHH!!!! You wouldn't believe how "useless" APD is unless I told you.

And yes, I live in Albuquerque.
    Last edited by jdp710; 11-24-08 at 12:38.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by modern_pirate View Post
    "In a program 10 years ago, police received so many calls they turned the phones off." Awesome police work! With guardians of that caliber the sheep are indeed safe. M_P
    The utility of such efforts varies. When the signal:noise is too poor, it's best to shut them down and task the people answering those calls to other efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by jdp710 View Post
    UGGGHHH!!!! You wouldn't believe how "useless" APD is unless I told you. And yes, I live in Albuquerque.
    Was there a particular event that you received unsatisfactory service, or are you just slinging random poo?

There are members of APD here at M4C. Perhaps they can help you.

APD is also recruiting. Join up and show them how it's done.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    deleted
    Last edited by Tom_Jones; 12-01-11 at 10:29.

Feedback Score

Question

I'm referring to the way 3 major incidents were handled in 15 years towards my immediate family members.

And don't get me wrong I don't dislike APD in no way and actually have 2 good friends on the force. My comment was in no way saying that "whatsoever" as there are some good people in APD.

My comment is about the "actions" of the officers responding towards those 3 incidents. Maybe times have changed and APD has gotten there act together in investigating cases. I hope so.
    Last edited by jdp710; 11-24-08 at 14:03.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mmike87 View Post
    Wow, $700 bucks. That's what a life is worth these days.

Seriously, I hate these "rat on your neighbor" programs. The government encouraging citizens to spy on one another. Sure, these folks are all probably people most of us could care less about, but they already want your plumber to be on the lookout for anything suspicious.
    this reminds me of the dare program forced on kids in schools.I read that a few have turned their parents in to LEO over drug use in the home.I am not for drug use ,but to have your child turn against you in that manner is just wrong in my books

NRA Member

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jdp710 View Post
    UGGGHHH!!!! You wouldn't believe how "useless" APD is unless I told you.

And yes, I live in Albuquerque.
    Well, tell us.

Its been covered by others, but having lived in ABQ for a few years, attended their SWAT operator course, and trained with a more then a few of their officers, and had a couple retired officers as trainers, I have nothing but good things to say about APD. My current place of employment is tired of hearing about them.
    In fact they are probably one of the best PD's in the country. Having lived in more then few places in the country, including NYC, and one of my best friends is on the job with NYPD, I think APD does a very good job, especially considering Albuquerque.

As far a snithcing, well they are usually the dregs of society, so it's kinda like a self cleaning oven, no fuss, no muss.

Bob

Feedback Score
    Again, I don't dislike APD in no way. In fact, there are some very courageous officers in APD that I solute and am glad are protecting Albuquerque!

My comments are based on the 3 major incidents that have happened to my immediate family members over the past 15 years in APD's lack of ability to investiage crimes. That's all. But when you have had 3 crimes that are on par with what has happened here ... well all I can say is UGGHHH.

http://www.realcrimes.com/Corruption%20Overview1.htm

I won't say anything further from here on out as I'm not going to hijack this thread but again, APD does have very fine and honest officers that I thank god are protecting Albuqerque. "I'm just critical in their lack of investigating cases," and that's what I'm referring to in my original comment. But this all happened "many" years ago so I hope things have changed.
    Last edited by jdp710; 11-24-08 at 19:15.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast