Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Albuquerque police looking for a few good snitches"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    There were several SEALs that were spending some time with APD SWAT to see how they did things, so they could take these tactics back to the Teams. APD did a hit where they had to use deadly physical force on a subject and the SEALs were there when it occurred.

The SEALs were NOT training APD nor were they participating in any fashion other than pure observation.

This was back in the day when the Military didn't shoot people, so they were coming to cops that did for instruction on how best to do that. There are few better places than APD SWAT to learn this skill first hand.

Feedback Score

ben

I can see your point there. I'm in a unit that trains with and supports the training of other units that train with lots of law enforcement agencies, I've never heard of them going on raids with them, but this was years ago.
    I guess it's the spin that's read into the article that really get's me.
    Last edited by G27gear; 11-26-08 at 11:05.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Interesting Ben, that was obviously before my time in ABQ.

In the same vein, the DOE/CTA SRT course was set up by LAPD, way back, and my understanding is they helped APD out also. For awhile APD sent their swat guys to the DOE course for initial training. Most of the instructors are former APD swat.
    In the main office, there also a few plaque from some military units thanking the CTA for the training, some you might be surprized at.

Bob

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123