Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: suggested rounds for .308 for white tail deer

Feedback Score

suggested rounds for .308 for white tail deer

any suggestion rounds for .308 for white tail deer.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Pretty much any will do the trick. I've used Barnes TSX bullets as my go-to hunting round for quite a while now, across the board. For .308, my SCAR likes 168gr, so that's what I use.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    We have killed a ton of deer with Rem Core-Lokt. I have not tried them out of a semi auto. I have also been playing with Federal Fusion rounds the last couple of seasons and they do a nice job as well.
    Open the pig!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Deer are thin skinned so any good expanding .308 bullet will do the trick with a clean kill. I am partial to Hornady for deer hunting and their Whitetail line with the SP Interlock bullets are hard to beat.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    Been using the ballistic silver tips for years. drops them dead if hit in the right spot.

Feedback Score
    Agreed, most any .308 will probably do the trick on a deer. I've used the Rem Core-Lokt as well and was very pleased. I picked up some Hornady Whitetails for the past season but didn't have a chance to put one down range so I don't have any firsthand knowledge on performance, but I have no doubt it is a solid round.

Feedback Score
    I had a bad experience with Federal Fusion once that soured me on them. Sierra GameKing 168 gr dropped every deer I shot on the spot and I would trust them all day long if they shoot well in your rifle.

Feedback Score
    48 (100%)
    Find what groups best with your rifle. When I hunted with a .308 my rifle did great with Hornady Light Magnum 150 gr SST. It was the flattest shooting factory load I could find and in my sample of one it was plenty accurate and had great terminal performance.

Feedback Score
    Good point, not all ammo is going to shoot the same with each rifle. Best to narrow it down to a few choices and then head to the range and see how it goes.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    True. All of the bullet selections mentioned will work fine. If you're not reloading time to sample several different manufacturers loads to see what shoots best for your. Also knowing the general part of the country your in can help. Up North with bigger bodied deer I might go for a more stout bullet, where I'm at in the South even on larger, very well fed deer (267lbs on the hoof) I have zero issues reloading using a 155 AMAX.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast