Thread: suggestion on a scope for Ar-10

Feedback Score

suggestion on a scope for Ar-10

i currently have a vortex VIPER 6.5-20X50 PA. i am wondering if this would be a good match or should i go to something smaller. im looking to hunt and long range shoot.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nah190 View Post
    i currently have a vortex VIPER 6.5-20X50 PA. i am wondering if this would be a good match or should i go to something smaller. im looking to hunt and long range shoot.
    Its very hard to beat a Leupold mk6 or mk5 3-18 on an AR-10 with an offset RDS in an arisaka mount or badger C1. You can get the mk5s for incredible deals right now, even with the horus reticles. These 2 options will be shorter and lighter than the viper I believe.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    So much killer glass on the market, it's difficult to choose sometimes. I recently put two Schmidt Bemder PMII s on a 6.5 and a .308 Wilson ar-10, SS. A lot of scope for the rifle. Still have three Gen II scopes, on early bolt guns. they work fine, had em for 9/10 years. Served me well.

I'm in the market for another, with the mil and Leo discount offerings I'm looking at the mk6.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

suggestion on a scope for Ar-10

Since you own the scope, you should be able to figure out pretty easily if it'll work for whatever type of hunting you plan to do.

I personally won't use an optic with a lower magnification greater than 4.5, and 3.5 or 3 (or even lower) is greatly preferred, since taking a quick shot at 20 yards is very possible in the thick woods of the the area.

An NX8 2-20 has what seems like a very useful magnification range.
    Last edited by grizzman; 04-03-20 at 17:33.