Thread: P320 in FLUX MP17 w/ AR rail mod

Feedback Score

P320 in FLUX MP17 w/ AR rail mod

This took a bit of imagination to pull off but it all gelled as I modified the parts to fit. The Flux MP17 frame is for a drop in FCG from the Sig P320 in this case 9mm. The Flux has the well designed spring loaded brace that literally shoots out of the collapsed position via a strong spring and self locks into a rock solid extended position. I'm not a big Tactical gizmo guy but have to say, its pretty cool since its well designed and as solid as it gets. The rail started out as a China made mid length AR narrow Key-mod hand guard.
    Here is the front collar anchor made from stainless heavy wall pipe.

I fabed up a left side cocking handle and put it in the most amount of meat at the front. The threads have been milled to match the bore contour of the inner slide. In the rough... It is then JB weld thread locked.

This shot is just the plain Flux lower with my rear rail anchor block screwed up on top in the back there.... that scruffy looking pained thing.

Handle in place

Rail roughed in place

Done, just 3 screws to remove for removal of a rock solid rail.

Last edited by xtriggerman; 04-02-20 at 15:14.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That's very cool. It definitely has the "space gun" vibe. Talk about an interesting project Curious to hear how it shoots!
    Looks like some sort of RDS mounted forward on the rail would suit it well.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, Hans Solo didn't have it so good! I told my buddy that wanted me to try to build this, that I would put a Holosun sight up on it and that would nail it. If I were to build one like it, I would do it in a longer barreled 357 sig. Then it might displace a carbine or 2 out of the safe! Ha Ha...

Border Rat that returned to Indian Territory.
    Feedback Score
    So is this an AOW or SBR with the rear of the firearm?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by arbninftry View Post
    So is this an AOW or SBR with the rear of the firearm?
    They advertise it as a pistol brace, so not an SBR or AOW.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by xtriggerman View Post
    Yeah, Hans Solo didn't have it so good! I told my buddy that wanted me to try to build this, that I would put a Holosun sight up on it and that would nail it. If I were to build one like it, I would do it in a longer barreled 357 sig. Then it might displace a carbine or 2 out of the safe! Ha Ha...
    Having chased the 357 sig dragon for a long time, as much as I LOVE the round, if I had to do it all over again, 9x23 Winchester would make more sense to me... either that or a platform that can tolerate +P+ 9mm/loads on the lighter side of 9x19mm offerings. With a longer barrel, possibilities with all three calibers (357 sig, 9x23,and 9x19) start to get interesting.

That seems like it will be a very handy/capable platform when all is said and done!