Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Guys Over 50...What 5 Super Powers Do You Wish You Had Back...?

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score
    Scuba diving was my passion, I started diving at age 13 in 1957. I made my last dives 5 years ago. What I find is that I would still like to dive but now it's just seems like too much work. If I could do it in my back yard it would be great but loading up the gear in the truck, driving X number of miles to the site, loading everything on a a boat then repeat on the way back for maybe 90 minutes underwater just isn't worth the effort anymore.
    I do do more shooting now, I built a range 10 minutes from the house so when ever I feel like it I can go shoot.
    You just mentally adjust to not being able to do what you could do when you were younger but it doesn't mean don't miss it.
    Last edited by P2Vaircrewman; 04-04-20 at 10:45.

Feedback Score
    The vision thing is a 40s thing. I’m just about to break the 50 barrier and what I notice is:
    -I have to read directions for assembling things
    -I used to be able to break most everyday objects with my bare hands.
    -I used to be warm all the time, now I can actually get cold. I have a little blankie to watch TV.
    -Drinking hurts, and I sleep like crap when I do.
    -Time flies. A week is like a day used to be. No project takes less than a month it seems. I’ve already put projects out to 2021 to do.
    -2003 was yesterday.
    - I get tired of people lying to me about things I lived through...
    -starting to be one of the older guys at the range completions, that involving moving.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Eyesight is turning to shit.
    Hand strength is going.
    Healing is much slower.
    Can't remember the last time I slept a full night without waking up multiple times.
    Short term memory is...errr. what was I saying?
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    At 63 I'm doing well. Have a lot of metal pieces and parts, hearing, and sight are going. Just had three discs changed out, and a metal plate attached to my spine. Sex is still good, but then I do testosterone weekly, my wife runs when she sees me checking her ass out. She's 60 and still smoking hot. Lil Norwegian lady.

I hate that I spend so much time at medical appointments. And the day to day pain is a drag, like life, you just deal with it. I read everyday at least an hour to keep my mind sharp. And I build vintage motorcycles, tie flys, load bullets to keep my finger dexterity decent.

Don't know that I'd change a thing, frankly. Our lives are blessed, plenty of money, awesome friends associates. My walk with God has been decent.

I know. After 25 years in law enforcement, I find myself be frightened by some things, which never use to occur. Don't know if that's young bull, old bull stuff, or the wisdom at recognizing the difference. And I find my patience with rude people to be not so tolerant. Which is a huge change for me. I also find myself feeling remorse, and sad when I think about my brothers and sister no longer with us. May they all rest in peace.

I know I'll live into my 90s, my entire family has.

In reading all your responses, I realized a lot of my feelings aswell. Men are generally not good at sharing this kinda stuff.

Thanks for you all sharing.

DW

Feedback Score
    The one super power I am getting is patience. I'm getting a it more understanding. After you have so many plans go to crap and you realize that you are nothing special, it just becomes more clear that no matter how hard I try, I can't make a dent in the stupid out there. I still try to 'educate' people, but I don't expect it to make a difference.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    The one super power I am getting is patience.
    Yeah there's that, I think it's a byproduct of losing the old super powers (you have no other choice)*.

* The problem is the brain has a problem catching up with the body.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    I am grateful to be 50 and still mobile. I thank God for my wife, family, friends past and present, and the absolute unbelievable luck to be born and raised and live here. The super power I miss most is, stupidly, size and strength. Of course the size and strength got me the shoulders, elbows, knee and back that keep me up at night in the first place. Love the comment about sounding like rice krispies that totally nails it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Williams View Post
    At 63 I'm doing well. Have a lot of metal pieces and parts, hearing, and sight are going. Just had three discs changed out, and a metal plate attached to my spine. Sex is still good, but then I do testosterone weekly, my wife runs when she sees me checking her ass out. She's 60 and still smoking hot. Lil Norwegian lady.

I hate that I spend so much time at medical appointments. And the day to day pain is a drag, like life, you just deal with it. I read everyday at least an hour to keep my mind sharp. And I build vintage motorcycles, tie flys, load bullets to keep my finger dexterity decent.

Don't know that I'd change a thing, frankly. Our lives are blessed, plenty of money, awesome friends associates. My walk with God has been decent.

I know. After 25 years in law enforcement, I find myself be frightened by some things, which never use to occur. Don't know if that's young bull, old bull stuff, or the wisdom at recognizing the difference. And I find my patience with rude people to be not so tolerant. Which is a huge change for me. I also find myself feeling remorse, and sad when I think about my brothers and sister no longer with us. May they all rest in peace.

I know I'll live into my 90s, my entire family has.

In reading all your responses, I realized a lot of my feelings aswell. Men are generally not good at sharing this kinda stuff.

Thanks for you all sharing.

DW
    Make sure you have your doctor check into the blood clot thing associated with taking testosterone. Wouldn't want that to happen to you and it mess up your living into your 90's plan.

Feedback Score
    Don’t really want superpowers: I’d probably hurt myself. However, I can pass along some instructions from the “guys over 50 handbook.”

-don’t let an erection go to waste;
    -don’t pass up a chance to pee;
    -never trust a fart.

I’ve made 73 trips around the Sun, and I know these work.
    Hurrah for The Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a single star

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Early 60s here... Superpowers I miss?

- ability to easily drop weight if needed

- knees that did not hurt most of the time and badly if I step wrong

- waking up with my hands not hurting (how can your hands hurt after sleeping all night??)

- Having average hearing. I'm slowly going deaf, combination of genetics and noise exposure. Ironically, vision is now better (20-20, 20-15)than when I was young, but I have to use reading glasses up close. I've started trying to learn ASL, may need it someday.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast