Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HK begins shipping M110A1's

Feedback Score
    It's not just how you fight, it's how you look...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwelz View Post
    Everyone wants to be FN!
    I think I'll take FN's "Fifty Shades of FDE" over the "slightly-not-neon" yellow the Krauts are using.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    The black anodizing on your all-black guns don't match, either. You've just never cared enough to notice it before.

Yup! Everything from black to dark gray and even purple.

The competition for these was just getting underway when I got out, so I'm not completely up to date on 'em, but are these actually going to be pushed down to the squad level for realises? Or will it be another M14 EBR situation where you might or might not have them, and they might or might not be issued?
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Nice rifles.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thank you Grand!.

Dirk

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Those all have Geissele rails https://geissele.com/14-5-hk417-handguard-m-lok.html

As for the other colors the yellow is an old Germany military camo color.

As to why they're not more uniform making different parts from different manufacturers in different lots would be hard enough but the random yellow/green/brown is camo by itself just to break up the gun. We will see all kinds of colors when the M4 goes tan in 2021.

Feedback Score
    The coloring.....it’s like HK told FN, “hold my beer”, after seeing a Scar17...

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I would be glad to have one. Looks cool to me. Especially if it were free, so to speak-nothing is free. I agree that the boys will paint their guns in a heart beat.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Any idea what suppressors those are (or look to be) on the OP?
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    Any idea what suppressors those are (or look to be) on the OP?
    They are made by OSS.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    No it's a piston HK, IMO this is another example of Army Ordnance being contraries like with the MHS. makes sense to go with Glock f it we're going to Sig and to rub it in we'll call it the M17. M110A1 makes sense to go with KAC f em we're going with HK and to top it off we'll stick a Sig scope on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    Same reason M855A1 has A1, but is totally unrelated to M855.

Yes, it’s polymer. H&K has been using those for at least a decade.

7.62mm NATO.

Brown is brown and brown comes out all different colors. KAC cerakoted the M110 to keep people from complaining about how many shades of brown the rifle was, even though cerakote isn’t as durable as anodizing. People complaining is why LWRC stopped doing MRE guns and started cerakoting them. And people complaining about their DDC and ODG Geisseles are probably going to push Geissele to stop offering the rifles in them.

The people who actually use the damned things don’t seem to mind. And neither should you.

No, it’s an H&K rail made specifically for the G28. I believe you can buy them from your favorite H&K parts dealers.
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    They are made by OSS.
    ^^^yup^^^

We already had a working gun. One that is handy and has more firepower than the stereotypical sniper weapon. And is plenty accurate for realistic engagement ranges. But. We had to buy a piston gun. Because reasons. So, of course, we buy one that doesn’t play nice with silencers. To be issued to the troops that really really need silencers. So, we bought silencers that basically aren’t. And have more muzzle flash than the traditional ones. And lets not talk about weight. Or the optic “made” by a pistol company.

Lol. Army.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast