Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lightweight level 4 plate recommendation?

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    While there has been no recall I probably would not recommend buying old stock of Hesco 4600's that dealers may have on hand. This is coming from myself, a Hesco distributor. Also doesn't help that the NIJ has closed testing due to COVID so re-cert of these plates are going to be further delayed.

Right now there is kind of a gap in terms of capability on the market w/o the 4600. It fit a very nice price point of mid range cost w/ decent weight. I've been having a lot more folks buying single plates of 4800's at a time and save for the second one down the road and a lot of folks are pretty thrilled once they get a sub 5 lb IV plate in their hands.

Feedback Score
    Look into shotstop.com

I bought level 4 10”x12” plates that weigh 5.8lbs (IIRC)

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by M_Rapp View Post
    In for any replies to this question. That price makes those super tempting... I'd be very interested to hear any personal experience with them.

Mrgunsngear did a review of these. Also a good test video on the BROzooka Arms channel on YT, too. Seem solid for the price.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M_Rapp View Post
    I own a set. Received it quickly from botach, seems to be very lightweight and comfortable. Does it work? I f***in hope so. Seems to do well on the youtube tests.

Better than steel plates for sure.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red-Drum View Post
    In for any replies to this question. That price makes those super tempting... I'd be very interested to hear any personal experience with them.

Mrgunsngear did a review of these. Also a good test video on the BROzooka Arms channel on YT, too. Seem solid for the price.
    For the money https://mrgunsngear.org/3enTu0S ($99/ea) they're impressive IMO.

Review:

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrgunsngear View Post
    For the money https://mrgunsngear.org/3enTu0S ($99/ea) they're impressive IMO.

Review:
    Yeah, that video surprised me. I went in expecting him to totally thrash those plates, like Demolition Ranch and some of those wish.com plates. Some significant deformation, but damn. Given the choice of broken ribs or a leaking hole, I'll take the former. How bad is the deformation compared to other level iv plates?

Speaking of the wish.com plates featured on demolition ranch, I was really tempted to order that one pair that performed extremely well, but don't really trust that even if I ordered the same model that I'd actually receive the same thing he tested.
    Last edited by Red-Drum; 06-29-20 at 19:02.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Red-Drum View Post
    Yeah, that video surprised me. I went in expecting him to totally thrash those plates, like Demolition Ranch and some of those wish.com plates. Some significant deformation, but damn. Given the choice of broken ribs or a leaking hole, I'll take the former. How bad is the deformation compared to other level iv plates?

Speaking of the wish.com plates featured on demolition ranch, I was really tempted to order that one pair that performed extremely well, but don't really trust that even if I ordered the same model that I'd actually receive the same thing he tested.
    I'm not sure I'd trust Wish plates unless it's just to shoot them ala demolitionranch style.
    There are NIJ standards for acceptable backface deformation, I think it's still 44mm but there's a channel on YouTube (I can't remember the name) that goes into detailed testing and measuring the cavity it makes in clay.

Based on MGnG's testing of these plates and the LAPG level 4 plates, they are hard to beat.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by omegajb View Post
    I'm not sure I'd trust Wish plates unless it's just to shoot them ala demolitionranch style.
    There are NIJ standards for acceptable backface deformation, I think it's still 44mm but there's a channel on YouTube (I can't remember the name) that goes into detailed testing and measuring the cavity it makes in clay.
    Victory Tactical Gear channel?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esquire View Post
    Whatever you do, DONT go with hoplite, the plates are technically good to go as they are made by LTC, but the company is a bunch of jerks. Held my money for almost 2 months, lied constantly on updates, and then became combative over requests for an update and eventual charge back. There is an entire thread on them over at arfcom.
    Came here to post this.

I paid for my plates on 4/10 and have yet to see them. Every time I ask for an update it takes days to hear back and I get told "just two more weeks". I like the product, I like the owner of the company, but their CS is absolute bottom tier shit.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast