Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lightweight level 4 plate recommendation?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrgunsngear View Post
    For the money https://mrgunsngear.org/3enTu0S ($99/ea) they're impressive IMO.

Review:
    Very impressive test. For the money, this is very tempting.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrgunsngear View Post
    For the money https://mrgunsngear.org/3enTu0S ($99/ea) they're impressive IMO.

Review:
    Every time I buy something, or attempt to buy something from Botach, I promise myself it'll be the last. Terrible communication, sloooowwww shipping, but good prices.

That said, if these things come back in stock, I may buy a few.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    I hear ya on Botach. Most of my orders have gone through pretty quickly, but there are the few that make ya wonder...

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Lightweight level 4 plate recommendation?

Personally I think Velocity Systems is the gold standard. I’ve never heard of an issue with any of their stuff, to include armor, and I love all of mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M_Rapp View Post
    I hear ya on Botach. Most of my orders have gone through pretty quickly, but there are the few that make ya wonder...
    Same here. I had one order partially ship, but when I checked, they only billed me the correct amount. So, no harm, no foul... I guess.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Personally I think Velocity Systems is the gold standard. I’ve never heard of an issue with any of their stuff, to include armor, and I love all of mine.

Is Velocity Systems armor available to civilians? The one dealer near me will only sell to LE.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by omegajb View Post
    Is Velocity Systems armor available to civilians? The one dealer near me will only sell to LE.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Doesn't looks like they sell to private citizens, based on what I'm reading on their website. My general rule is that if a company will only sell to the government, they don't deserve my support.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post

Someone may correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the AT Armor STOP-BZ (IP) Special Threat plates are AT Armor's version of the Velocity Systems Special Threat plates. It may be a more attainable option for someone looking. I talked to AT Armor the other day and was told 8-12 weeks for most of their plates.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue556 View Post
    Someone may correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the AT Armor STOP-BZ (IP) Special Threat plates are AT Armor's version of the Velocity Systems Special Threat plates. It may be a more attainable option for someone looking. I talked to AT Armor the other day and was told 8-12 weeks for most of their plates.
    I've seen mention elsewhere the AT plates are Tencates, don't remember the models. AT told me the same 8-12 weeks but also mentioned the higher end stuff usually comes back sooner and said my U210s would probably ship sooner.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Double post
    Last edited by pag23; 07-31-20 at 19:39.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast