Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: BCM - Manufacturer or Assembler

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    For those who aren't in a 'business', marketing is how you sell stuff to civilians.

Over-rated, Under-rated, who gives a $hit.

The reason you don't see as much civilian advertising from Colt, FN, and KAC is they have / had the sweet milk of the Gov't teat to suckle on.

Spend your money how you see fit, whether it is BCM, Colt, Delton, Shrubmaster, FN, KAC, etc, etc. They all 'outsource' production in some form or fashion.

Feedback Score
    Sooo BCM's are still GTG lol?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnatus15 View Post
    Sooo BCM's are still GTG lol?
    This has turned into a frog lube, Crisco/fire clean, snake oil thread... If you can afford it, just buy what makes you happy regardless of what the guy at next lane thinks...

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage018 View Post
    I know it’ll be an unpopular opinion on here but I think BCM is one of the most overrated AR15 manufacturers out there. They have a great marketing department though, I’ll give them that.
    I don’t think anyone can tell you that your opinion is wrong. You don’t offer anything to back it up, and we have no knowledge of who you are or what your knowledge base is, however, you most certainly are entitled to your opinion.

If you care to mention why you feel that way, it might make a little more sense on both sides. If not, I hope you have a good Easter.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I’ve rocked BCM since 2010, after listening to Pat Rogers advice and the merits of “filthy 14” I’m sold. BCM has a copy of the technical data sheet for the M4, as long as their vendors are making it to the spec, it’s good by me. It’s not like they are running their own foundry...so where do you draw the line between “manufacturing and assembling”....only company I know that makes it soup to nuts is Rolex.....

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Larry Vickers posted some type of BCM buffer on Instagram a day or so ago. I wonder if it is just the buffer or the spring and tube as well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I don’t think anyone can tell you that your opinion is wrong. You don’t offer anything to back it up, and we have no knowledge of who you are or what your knowledge base is, however, you most certainly are entitled to your opinion.

If you care to mention why you feel that way, it might make a little more sense on both sides. If not, I hope you have a good Easter.
    Sure, I don’t mind to explain for context and clarity sake. I’ll preface by saying that I never had any reliability issues with my BCM rifles so in that aspect I have no complaints. My issues lie with the sub-par accuracy of two separate BCM BFH uppers I had and a sour experience with customer service. The accuracy issues seem to be one of the main complaints I have read about BCM’s rifles and mine was no different. Both of the uppers I had consistently shot around 6-7 MOA. I understand these are fighting rifles but I just felt for the price, they should perform better than that. A good friend of mine had similar performance from his BCM rifle. In fact, his particular rifle began to keyhole during a recent carbine class we were both in with less than 1,500 rounds through the barrel. As for my customer service experience, I had reached out to BCM because the buffer in my rifle was getting marred up. They agreed to send me a shipping label and take a look at the rifle. I waited a week or two and never received a shipping label. When I contacted their customer service again to tell them I hadn’t received a shipping label their response was basically “Well, we sent one out. Not sure what happened. Sorry.” No offer to send another label or anything. I just found their response to that pretty poor and I’m not quite sure why they didn’t offer to just resend another shipping label for me. In closing, I just want to reiterate that I don’t think BCM makes junk and I would trust my life to one of their rifles if need be but with so many other good options out there I, personally, would rather go with another company.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    If not, I hope you have a good Easter.
    Not savage, but, hope you and the family have a great day celebrating the Risen Lord.

Best Wishes.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    I have 4 BCM upper's 2014 and 2016 purchases.. all of them shoot to my liking.. however.. because of one of their newest barrels a 16" socom having serious issues, I wouldn't buy again.. 4-5moa is not "in spec" for me, did my 300rds break-in, which I sold it off for dirt cheap. IMHO because of their popularity their QC is hit and miss some people get good barrels some people get 4 moa barrels, the inconsistency is troubling. To OP and everyone contributing I do suspect non-chf BCM barrels come from criterion.. how did I come to this theory you say? Criterion sells BCM bolts.. they are also one of the only manufactures that makes 410ss barrels.. they are literally 30 min's away(Hartland to Germantown WI) from BCM manufacturing HQ.. how's that for logistics.. literally little to no shipping cost.. dunno which one of them came first but I would surmise that whoever came second struck up a deal and found a cozy spot nearby to much of a total coincidence..

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmartigan View Post
    I have 4 BCM upper's 2014 and 2016 purchases.. all of them shoot to my liking.. however.. because of one of their newest barrels a 16" socom having serious issues, I wouldn't buy again.. 4-5moa is not "in spec" for me, did my 300rds break-in, which I sold it off for dirt cheap. IMHO because of their popularity their QC is hit and miss some people get good barrels some people get 4 moa barrels, the inconsistency is troubling. To OP and everyone contributing I do suspect non-chf BCM barrels come from criterion.. how did I come to this theory you say? Criterion sells BCM bolts.. they are also one of the only manufactures that makes 410ss barrels.. they are literally 30 min's away(Hartland to Germantown WI) from BCM manufacturing HQ.. how's that for logistics.. literally little to no shipping cost.. dunno which one of them came first but I would surmise that whoever came second struck up a deal and found a cozy spot nearby to much of a total coincidence..
    While that's probably a fair conclusion, that area IS where a ton of big-name barrel makers are. Krieger, Bartlein, Obermeyer, Broughton, Brux...all in a very small area. Not by coincidence.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast