Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Steiner P4xI/Vortex Viper pst 1-6 - defensive grade?

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Just posted in “what did you do today to prepare for the end of the world”- or whatever.
    Pertains to Steiner...

“Checked zero on a truck gun (rides in security vault) for first time in 2 years. Felt it was prudent.
    Held zero, no issues. <1.5”/5 rds benched. More than adequate for purpose.

BCM 14.5” P/W, ADM QD Mount, Steiner 1-4x, 64 gr. G.D.
    This speaks well for the parts.“

I was pleasantly surprised.
    Although the carbine rides in a “cradle” in vault, it is banged around badly on section roads and off road at the ranch.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Just posted in “what did you do today to prepare for the end of the world”- or whatever.
    Pertains to Steiner...

“Checked zero on a truck gun (rides in security vault) for first time in 2 years. Felt it was prudent.
    Held zero, no issues. <1.5”/5 rds benched. More than adequate for purpose.

BCM 14.5” P/W, ADM QD Mount, Steiner 1-4x, 64 gr. G.D.
    This speaks well for the parts.“

I was pleasantly surprised.
    Although the carbine rides in a “cradle” in vault, it is banged around badly on section roads and off road at the ranch.
    I have about 120 rounds of 64gr. GD...and run the Steiner PXi 1x4.
    How do you have yours sighted in, if I may ask?
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Using a 200 yd zero.
    It’s “on” at 300 yd, few inches low at 400. I hold neckline at 400 using the 400 hash mark.
    Haven’t tried 500, but it’ll be substantially low from experience and according to Strelok.

42D6C984-5133-45F9-9695-54B84CBAD271.jpg
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Using a 200 yd zero.
    It’s “on” at 300 yd, few inches low at 400. I hold neckline at 400 using the 400 hash mark.
    Haven’t tried 500, but it’ll be substantially low from experience and according to Strelok.

42D6C984-5133-45F9-9695-54B84CBAD271.jpg
    I appreciate that my friend, thank you!
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by teksid View Post
    Has anyone use Eurooptic.com? I just ordered a “like new demo” P4Xi from them.
    I’ve had the same experience as Rhino. I definitely recommend them.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    I appreciate that my friend, thank you!
    Access to a 200+ yd range being a luxury for a lot of us, my Ballistic program gives me this for a 200 yd Zero; (it proved out in the field)

50 yd.= + .33"
    100 yd.= +1.80
    200 = 0.00

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Just months ago, the P4Xi was nearly $200 less. They seem to be pricing themselves out of the category they dominated: cost vs benefit. The P4Xi is not a $700 optic, and one would do much better to go with a Viper for the cost vs benefit optic choice.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Access to a 200+ yd range being a luxury for a lot of us, my Ballistic program gives me this for a 200 yd Zero; (it proved out in the field)

50 yd.= + .33"
    100 yd.= +1.80
    200 = 0.00

Useful info-again..thank you sir!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Just months ago, the P4Xi was nearly $200 less. They seem to be pricing themselves out of the category they dominated: cost vs benefit. The P4Xi is not a $700 optic, and one would do much better to go with a Viper for the cost vs benefit optic choice.
    I noticed the price increase too. Thanks for the perspective, that’ll definitely influence my decision.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Wish the steiner had notches for the reddot. It just turns with no feel for the on/off positions. Ran it in a run and gun and while running slung on the back the, the knob turned just from rubbing. Vortex is very stiff with notches for the postions. No way that thing is coming on by accident. Love them both so no real wrong answer. Watch the used sections for steiners and pst 2's as people will be upgrading with some of the new scopes coming out.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast