Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Steiner P4xI/Vortex Viper pst 1-6 - defensive grade?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I've bought from Eurooptic several times with no issues. Like others, I like the dot, weight, and glass of the Steiner.

Feedback Score
    Thanks. I got a demo model for $599. I have quality AR’s and quality red dots, but only cheaper LPVO’s. I have developed an astigmatism. I can still use my Aimpoints effectively, but I would like to have something with an etched reticle for my go to rifle so I won’t be dependent on a battery. My P4Xi will be going in an AD QD mount that I already have.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Will be able to attest to the durability of the steiner in a few days. Had the scope off to move some rear sights around and sight them in. Well it took a fall from the top of the safe and now the objective bell has a huge ass dent in it. Image is still round on 1x and illumination works so we will see how far off it is if the zero shifted. It's mounted in a bobro qd and is wearing a scope cap for an eye patch to hide my shame.

Feedback Score
    I just got my demo model in from Eurooptic.com. It looks brand new.
    Glass looks fantastic. I’d like to find another demo model for sale.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    FWIW - I originally bought the P4Xi as my low-budget entry into LPVO's. I liked it so much that I ended up going back to it after trying a few higher-end scopes. It's not JUST a 1-4x. It's a superb 1-4x.

Last edited by boomer223; 04-09-20 at 13:21.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4t5acp@gmail.com View Post
    FWIW - I originally bought the P4Xi as my low-budget entry into LPVO's. I liked it so much that I ended up going back to it after trying several higher-end scopes. It's not JUST a 1-4x. It's a superb 1-4x.

What else did you try?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I tried -

NF NX-8 - awesome size/ weight, but the eye box was very unforgiving, and the reticle at 8x left a lot to be desired.

Vortex Razor 1-6 - awesome - but waaay too heavy. Completely upset the balance and feel of the rifle.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Steiner took a black eye from falling 4' onto concrete. Re-zeroed today and it was only off a couple clicks up and left. Zeroed up and shooting small groups again.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
    Steiner took a black eye from falling 4' onto concrete. Re-zeroed today and it was only off a couple clicks up and left. Zeroed up and shooting small groups again.
    That’s good to know. Few variables though; Could have moved in the mount? What type of mount? Mount moved from the upper receiver?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Scope was in a bobro mount by itself and fell right on the objective from the top of the safe on concrete. I would say 4' up. Reciever is marked so I know what slot my scope was at before. After fall, sighted scope in then removed to sight the backup sights and replaced scope to verify again. Returned to zero after sighting and reinstallation.
    Last edited by joedirt199; 04-10-20 at 19:50.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast