Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Over built

Feedback Score

Over built

Just finally finished, just needs a silencer and a nicer scope. I’ll list parts if anyone is curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tanktop View Post
    Just finally finished, just needs a silencer and a nicer scope. I’ll list parts if anyone is curious.

You should list the parts and the reason you choose them. That’s part of the criteria for starting a “custom build” thread.

Feedback Score
    Well it started about two years ago when I picked up a Noveske Afghan barrel brand new for $200. Then about a year later when SMOS released their GFY 15 builder kits I picked one up for about $300. It was at this point I decided to go full snake oil with it, grabbed a Surefire Warcomp and a Superlative Arms adjustable gas block with the intention of running it suppressed. I’ve assembled plenty of AR’s but this one I had assembled by a local gunsmith that does all the custom work for the Sheriffs and PD. I then chose the E-BCG after doing lots of research, it was designed for shorter barrels and running suppressed plus from what I could find it’s the most reliable. Lastly on the upper I went for a BCM mod 3 charge handle, again designed for running suppressed.

The Lower I figured why not keep going with premium parts so I ordered a Noveske LPK with SSAe flat trigger. Also after watching some YouTube videos of a guy who custom builds national match AR’s modifying bolt carriers so they are supported in the rear I decided to go with a PWS enhanced buffer tube. Since nobody is making a A5 enhanced buffer I chose a Super 42 H1 system. Lastly put a B5 stock on it, this thing is built like a tank, figured the B5 would be a great way to finish it off.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Good deal. How has it been shooting for you? What scope is that?

Feedback Score

Over built

Only function tested the upper on a Spikes lower with an A5 buffer, very soft shooter. Just assembled the lower a couple days ago and and grabbed the scope off a budget build. The scope is an ACSS gen 3, going to sight it in now and check accuracy with some Federal green tip.

The budget build just went on the shelf at local shop for a $1,000. If I get it I plan to grab a Steiner T5XI 1-5.

Last edited by tanktop; 04-04-20 at 15:13.

Feedback Score
    Small group with PPU 223 55gr in a 10-15 mph wind.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Good deal. Download Strelok Pro and figure out your ammo and holds so you can take it our to a 1/4 mile and beyond. Your reticle should do good for that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    Good deal. Download Strelok Pro and figure out your ammo and holds so you can take it our to a 1/4 mile and beyond. Your reticle should do good for that.
    I’ll definitely download that, thanks. When this Covid crap blows over I’m going to an indoor range and see what this is capable of, I’m hoping the rifle is close to 1/2 MOA. I pretty sure it’ll make a decent varmint gun out to 400 yards plus.

Feedback Score
    One question about my Noveske stainless barrel, I’ve never been one to keep my guns perfectly clean. I usually clean them within a week or so of a range day but with a stainless barrel should I modify my cleaning routine? CLP, a nylon brush and some patches.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    That's very debatable. I usually clean every 500 rounds or so. I don't go crazy with it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast