Thread: Belt fed

Feedback Score

Belt fed

Any plans out there for SEMI auto belt fed ar receivers? Looking for a project.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Yeah that’s the buy complete option I’m looking for plans to build

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Why? Belt fed and semi auto is retarded. Its like a Lamborghini that has a governor that wont let it go over 30mph.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyjon View Post
    Yeah that’s the buy complete option I’m looking for plans to build
    So you are looking for blueprints of something that has not been manufactured?

Or are you looking to assemble parts? What do you mean by “build?”

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyjon View Post
    Any plans out there for SEMI auto belt fed ar receivers? Looking for a project.
    No. Let us know what you come up with.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chef8489 View Post
    Why? Belt fed and semi auto is retarded. Its like a Lamborghini that has a governor that wont let it go over 30mph.
    Maybe, maybe not. I have a binary trigger in mine, and dump 6 round bursts exactly the way I want. Then again, I'm not using it in an anti aircraft role, so individual needs obviously apply.

For people who might be a bit rusty on belt feds, the article below is worth perusing.

https://www.usar.army.mil/Portals/98...-31-162257-193

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chef8489 View Post
    I concur. While the article Stick posted up is an interesting read...it’s still about MACHINE GUNS. Lol But I’ve built a couple machine guns so I guess whatever floats your boat.
    Last edited by Sparky5019; 04-08-20 at 15:39.
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky5019 View Post
    I concur. While the article Stick posted up is an interesting read...it’s still about MACHINE GUNS. Lol But I’ve built a couple machine guns so I guess whatever floats your boat.
    I just looked at that article. Good stuff. Wish it had been available in the early 90's when I was doing Reserve Component 11B courses, simply because it reads better than the manuals I waded through plussing up to teach the M249 FAM.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I just looked at that article. Good stuff. Wish it had been available in the early 90's when I was doing Reserve Component 11B courses, simply because it reads better than the manuals I waded through plussing up to teach the M249 FAM.
    Lol. I’m sure the .gov manuals are riveting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.