Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: $1000 maximum budget: duty grade LPVO

Feedback Score

$1000 maximum budget: duty grade LPVO

For the LPVO’s in the under 1000 range, what would you recommend for a setup that’s meant to be a duty-grade/fighting rifle build? Intended usage would be defense/SHTF, where reliability is paramount? After doing some preliminary research, I do have some models in mind, but wanted another take, and maybe see if there were any advances in optics that would give new options. Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

$1000 maximum budget: duty grade LPVO

Mount included? If not, you can find used razors for about $950. That’s about as duty grade as you can get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Mount included? If not, you can find used razors for about $950. That’s about as duty grade as you can get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A used Razor might be an option. Are there any offerings I’d be able to get new for under a grand?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If your optic is gonna be barely shot and never carried, it doesn't really matter? Like do you even know what qualities you want in an optic besides: "end of the world reliability"? Honestly LPVO's are not the most durable optics on the planet. No where near an aim point. However a lot of them are durable enough. I recently did a TON of research on LPVO's before buying my Steiner P4xi. I have a Primary arms 1-8, as well. I shoot a match monthly and prefer the reticle from the Steiner, but the eye box and build quality are a little higher on the foreign made primary arms. The Vortex optic is much more durable and has the best eye box compared to the steiner, and Vortex has the best customer service. But that might not matter in the end of the world?

To answer you question of a top list:

Steiner P4xi and T5i
    Vortex PST or maybe a used Razor gen 2
    Sig Tango 4 or tango 6.
    Primary Arms is always competitive at whatever price point they are in
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Go here in this forum section & read the reviews on the Steiner Pxi 1x4, well within budget it ought to do.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    The only 2 I would recommend in that budget is a used NF NXS 1-4 or a used Vortex Razor 1-6.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    How about a Trijicon 1-4 Accupoint (not Accupower)?

Andy

Feedback Score
    1-4 Accupoint is one of my favorite optics. I have two. I like the 1-6 Accupoint as well. The 1-8 accupower can be found for under $1000 if you get one get red illumination, they’re daylight bright. Check out opticsplanet/Dvor for good pricing. If you get an Accupoint get a triangle or for either 1-4 or 1-6. The mil dot is also nice. The mil dots are bolder than the moa dots. The steiner 1-4 is a good little optic too. The 1.5-4 Leupold Mark AR is good glass and reticle.

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    My Steiner P4Xi is on my favorite AR and I love it, but Like the Accupower I don’t consider them duty grade. Desperate times I’ll switch to the 1-4 Accupoint. For about $900 you can get a new one and a Bobro QD mount.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    Another vote for a used Razor. There are lots of guys trying to unload them right now to fund the new 1-10; great deals to be had.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast