Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: $1000 maximum budget: duty grade LPVO

Feedback Score
    Vudu 1-8 can be had for $875 new. Leaves just enough for a mount.
    Last edited by 2niko; 04-23-20 at 13:52. Reason: grammar

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I’m very pleased with the new Trijicon Credo 1-6x. It’s well within your budget, and you’d have enough left over for a good mount.

Feedback Score
    The word on the credo 1-6 is to get the SFP plain since they are confirmed daylight bright. The green FFP apparently is lacking but thatÂ’s not surprising. For whatever reason green FFP doesnÂ’t work that well, my buddy tried to have the Leupold custom shop do a mk6 in green but they said they canÂ’t get it bright enough and the accupower 1-8 wasnÂ’t bright but the red one is.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I have the Credo 1-6 SFP Red segmented circle. It is definitely daylight bright on setting 10. It won’t blow you away like an Aimpoint, but really no LPVO is that bright. The reticle is well designed, and you really don’t need illumination during the day. You can bracket close targets with the segmented circle, but still have the fine center dot and crosshair for small targets/further shots. I can’t comment on the FFP version- but I haven’t used a FFP LPVO that wasn’t dependent on illumination to be able to use it on 1x. With such short battery life on these types of scopes- I don’t like being dependent on illumination to use it. I think anything 6x and below should be a SFP.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate56 View Post
    I have the Credo 1-6 SFP Red segmented circle. It is definitely daylight bright on setting 10. It won’t blow you away like an Aimpoint, but really no LPVO is that bright.
    You obviously have never seen a Razor 1-6 or an NX8 1-8 then.

Because they are BRIGHT.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate56 View Post
    I’m very pleased with the new Trijicon Credo 1-6x. It’s well within your budget, and you’d have enough left over for a good mount.
    I would like to see someone review these new Trijicon offerings, but it's like a black hole when searching online for them.

I had an original Accupower 1-4x24, ran it in a Carbine class without much drama but eventually went to a PST 1-6x. The PST line isn't as bright as the Razor or the NX8, but on 10 its daylight bright. The original Accupowers (in both red and green) were visible at times during the day, but not what one would call daylight bright in common terms. I loved the Trijicon glass but at that price point the PST 1-6x is still hard to beat, especially when you can get them for $525 from DSG Arms with a throw lever.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    You obviously have never seen a Razor 1-6 or an NX8 1-8 then.

Because they are BRIGHT.
    Yeah I’ve seen both. Sorry no one will give you what you want, or make up your mind for you. You could spend your own money like I did and find out for yourself. Like I said, I like mine and will continue to use it. There are thousands of opinions on optics, so what one person likes, someone else doesn’t. I don’t tend to base my decisions on what somebody says on the internet.
    Last edited by msstate56; 04-28-20 at 17:04.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Presscheck consulting has some videos on YouTube for LVPO v dot+ magnifier. They are also linked in the stickied “the one gun solution” thread.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    @msstate56

Do you own or have recently used a P4Xi or Vortex Razor/PST 1-6?

If so could you qualify in terms of 10/10, 9/10, etc the peak brightness of the Credo?

The Private Citizen
    Liberty — Independence — Responsibility — Resolve

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I currently can’t do a direct comparison between those. As has been mentioned- the Credo will not be as bright as the Razor. It’s still plenty visible on setting 10 in Mississippi sunlight. One thing that keeps getting glossed over is reticle design. With the Razor and Steiner- you have a super bright center dot, but thin crosshairs outside of that. If the illumination goes down, you’re left with a thin, less than desirable crosshair. However, on the segmented circle of the Credo- you have a big bold segmented circle that is easy to find, even without illumination. I’ve been taking the Credo on my walks through the woods lately and I don’t need the illumination turned on to easily acquire the reticle. If the segmented circle went “Aimpoint bright” as some people demand, it would wash out the center of the reticle and whatever target you’re looking at. I find I prefer the segmented circle to bracket close targets- like you would with an EOTech reticle- then use the fine center for more precise aiming when needed. So for the BDC works out to 300 (when using 55 gr Fed on a 16”).
    Last edited by msstate56; 05-05-20 at 12:24.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast