Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The newly released Q AR compatible trigger seems pretty expensive

Feedback Score

The newly released Q AR compatible trigger seems pretty expensive

I listened to the Q podcast with Haley and they talked about the trigger. KB mentioned one of the reasons they made it is because Geissele were too expensive for them to use in their honey badger and the AR Gold triggers they started with weren't always fitting their lower receivers.

I like some Q products (particularly the suppressor) - but the honey badger and now trigger pricing is not for me - definitely going for the hypebeast pricing model i think.

KB did say that the trigger was extremely drop safe - and maybe it will be magical in every possible way. I was going to try it if it were a bit cheaper.

But since none of the stuff is combat grade anyway, you just buy their barrel and handguard and roll your own - and use a Geissele trigger for 1/2 price if you want to go that route.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    1. $350 is a crazy price, especially for their first foray into market. BUT, they sold out in seconds so clearly they’re smarter then me. But still, top of the line Geissele is $110 less…

2. Whats the advantage of putting it on safe with hammer forward?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    1. $350 is a crazy price, especially for their first foray into market. BUT, they sold out in seconds so clearly they’re smarter then me. But still, top of the line Geissele is $110 less…

Being able to determine visually that the gun is safer, all things equal, does seem beneficial - LMT has it on their Estonia ���� gun too based on customer request.

Emotionally driven purchases are just part of capitalism - I hope these triggers provide everything these customers dream they will

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hold on... So the Geissele was too expensive so they made their own. Their own is 110 dollars more than the most expensive Geissele.

So either:
    A. They missed their price mark significantly
    B. They have insane mark up on their trigger
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Meanwhile LaRue MBT is $99.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I don’t know that anything better than a stock or stock+NP3 type trigger will net any capability increase from a PDW size gun.

Not all upgrades are necessary.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    Hold on... So the Geissele was too expensive so they made their own. Their own is 110 dollars more than the most expensive Geissele.

So either:
    But…but…it’s the BEST TRIGGER EVER! They could easily sell it for more. We should be thanking them.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post

So either:
    Too expensive for them. Can build their own cheaper than they can source G's.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    I don’t know that anything better than a stock or stock+NP3 type trigger will net any capability increase from a PDW size gun.

Not all upgrades are necessary.
    This. I have Geissele triggers in all my AR's, except my .300BLK pistol. It has a mil-std FCG.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    1. $350 is a crazy price, especially for their first foray into market. BUT, they sold out in seconds so clearly they’re smarter then me.
    I think it's that their customers have more money than brains.

Unnecessarily complicating something that "ain't broke". I like that the AR safety won't move with the hammer down. I don't have to mess with the weapon to check the status.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast