Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: PSA BCG, quality or nah?

Feedback Score
    I've owned several PSA carbines and BCG's throughout the years and have only experienced one problem with them having fired thousands of rounds through them. Even with using a bump stock and doing mag dumps!
    Last edited by zebra20zebra20; 01-02-22 at 10:33.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I actually got bit by the PSA bug this last weekend.

I built a new spare parts AR, and gave it a very sloppy 15 yard zero the day before shooting a match. By the end of the 2nd stage I realized how absolutely dog shit my zero was and asked a buddy to just finish the match with his rifle. To start I want to say: my buddy is an incredibly accomplished shooter that won his class. The gun he brought out that day had a PSA-10 buffer tube because he didn't want to go full bore for the VLTOR a5. During the warm months with a lubed rifle the gun ran fine. When I started shooting his gun during the 50* rain, without lube I started getting frequent malfunctions. Adding some lube made the gun a lot more reliable. Me and him started talking about spring or buffer solutions he could try. Later that day when he got home he looked into the buffer tube and finally realized how badly the inside was marred with machine marks and poorly finished. This improperly finished buffer tube was able to cycle in the warmer weather with lube, but started to induce malfunctions in the cold without lube. This data actually disproves half of my PSA hypothesis, which was: "parts will either work or they won't, there is no sliding scale on quality." Apparently there is. However I still think PSA is a great value as long as you follow one simple rule: "YOU are the one taking responsibility for these parts, and must thoroughly inspect them upon assembly, and RMA all parts found unserviceable". Do all that and PSA is just as good as.....
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    "YOU are the one taking responsibility for these parts, and must thoroughly inspect them upon assembly, and RMA all parts found unserviceable". Do all that and PSA is just as good as.....
    …the sum of all the parts.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    SNIP The gun he brought out that day had a PSA-10 buffer tube because he didn't want to go full bore for the VLTOR a5. During the warm months with a lubed rifle the gun ran fine. When I started shooting his gun during the 50* rain, without lube I started getting frequent malfunctions. Adding some lube made the gun a lot more reliable. Me and him started talking about spring or buffer solutions he could try. Later that day when he got home he looked into the buffer tube and finally realized how badly the inside was marred with machine marks and poorly finished. This improperly finished buffer tube was able to cycle in the warmer weather with lube, but started to induce malfunctions in the cold without lube. SNIP
    What type of stoppages were y’all having?
    Was there no dry-film lube in the tube?

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718