Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: PSA BCG, quality or nah?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

PSA BCG, quality or nah?

Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Come on, guys post about how many rounds they have through their 'X' rifles all the time.

Are you one of those paid posters that Stickman mentions?
    No. Just a fanboy. BTW, how can I get in on that action? I would love to mix business with pleasure.
    Last edited by Cold/Bore; 04-06-20 at 12:44.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you've been paying attention, a lot of folks are saying their PSA's run fine, on this forum and others.
    And the samples used varied dramatically in use from new, to low rounds, to an unknown number of rounds from a filthy Toolcraft.
    The sample source you’re defending is lacks uniformity as well.

Instructor Chad has numerous BCG physical videos. I chose the ones for FCD because the proprietor, Duffy, posts here regularly (site sponsor?) and I like his stuff. I don’t think I have bought anything of his yet, but I do have a number of Sionics products, and they have a hand in producing FCD’s BCG.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    SOTAR is pretty well respected, it’s far from just an LGS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    BCM BCGs also have reported issues, check reviews on brownells:
    https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...prod87124.aspx

At least one sheared extractor under 1k rounds; sheared gas key screws. Not sure why people are saying some brands/bcgs are immune to mechanical issues.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by alx01 View Post
    Not sure why people are saying some brands/bcgs are immune to mechanical issues.
    Because they haven’t? Pretty sure nobody said that.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold/Bore View Post
    No. Just a fanboy.
    Clearly. You fall right into my original statement of : "people can't let their ego's go long enough..."

What's so funny to me is every brand you have 'repped' for you admitted to not even owning said rifle, AND that brand is a simple assembler, not a true manufacture. Who makes that Sonics BCG in your gun? Microbest, tool craft or DRG? Oh but, it doesn't matter who Sonics OEM is because they do the testing and eval for you right?

As a SCUBA diver I have a lot of respect for life support equipment, and testing and maintenance. I have done dives on rental regulators from a brand I dont personally own. Im not gonna ruin my trip to the bahamas because the dive center doesn't have Hollis or ScubaPro. Why I trust that rental Cressi regulator is because there is a certain level of maintenance that goes into a regularly used unit. The same goes for a rifle. If your an LEO that needs to buy something, run very very few rounds through it, and then trust your absolute life to it: DO NOT BUY A PSA. If you are brand new to AR's (sounds like you cold bore) and dont know how to properly clean and lube one (BMW-CLS) DO NOT BUY A PSA. For the majority of posters on this forum though that will actually take their rifles and shoot them, you can save hundreds of dollars with PSA. I had one of their 10.5 pistol kits that came with a bad charging handle and cotter pin. $25 worth of parts later my AR has run almost 2k rounds. With the actual cost of the AR, the parts needed to fix it, and then 2 cases of ammo I am STILL under what my BCM costs. For what its worth when I reached out to PSA about the bad parts in the upper, they offered to replace them. They are not duty grade, but they are absolutely not the Olympic arms or bushmaster from 2005 like people treat them.
    Last edited by turnburglar; 04-06-20 at 14:52.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold/Bore View Post
    Because they haven’t? Pretty sure nobody said that.
    come on! people constantly say or imply that (aka - "you need 10k rounds to prove something works vs brand X").
    This hoopla with PSA threads pops up every 2-3 months here. It's not even interesting or informative anymore.
    I don't know why PSA is so much more discussed in general vs other brands.

It would be much more interesting to see a discussion on Geissele BCG vs KAC or something like that.

Feedback Score

PSA BCG, quality or nah?

Quote Originally Posted by MikhailBarracuda91 View Post
    Really the only part I go cheap on (if I have to) is the stripped lower. Everything is too important. I have a background in manufacturing so quality is very important to me. I will gladly give my hard earned money to an American company that has a true commitment to quality, not one that works well "most" of the time.

This is why the Japanese have been making better automobiles than USA for a while now. Quality used to be an American STANDARD, people knew what they were buying. Now the Japanese have caught on and for the most part they have copied that business model.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    W. Edwards Deming taught the Japanese about quality control. I don’t believe there was any interest in Deming ideas in the United States in the 1950s.

https://www.wyohistory.org/encyclope...edwards-deming
    Last edited by Tony617; 04-06-20 at 15:07.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by alx01 View Post
    It would be much more interesting to see a discussion on Geissele BCG vs KAC or something like that.
    I completely agree. The new Geissele REBCG sounds really great. I especially like the fact that it has a forged bolt. Is this an industry first? Never heard of anyone doing a forged bolt before but I thought that it would be a great idea, given the M-4’s and other SBR’s history of bolt problems. It’s on my short list of BCGs to buy in the future.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Sob View Post
    Are any of the psa brand BCG worth it over another name brand for the price?

the one they im reading on is listed as a M16 PROFILE CARPENTER 158 MAG PHOSPHATED 5.56 NATO MPI FULL-AUTO BOLT CARRIER GROUP

For AR-15 and M16 rifles and carbines. Made by one of the large popular OEM BCG makers who is also a military supplier. These BCGs are available due to a large OEM order being canceled. We purchased them all and are making them available to you at an incredible price. Their loss is your gain!

These feature a Carpenter 158 Bolt, and a full profile chrome lined carrier. Bolt is made of shot-peened, Mil-spec Carpenter 158® steel. Gas key is secured with grade 8 fasteners and staked. The bolt carrier is parkerized outside and chrome lined inside.

So who makes it if its a "large popular" maker?
    So there is a lot of stuff on this thread. I actually own a PSA Primuem BCG, and I don't have that many rounds through it. Having said that, for the price, I would look at Fail-Zero, Midwest Industries and Centurion Arms. You can find awesome BCG's for around $125-$150. Having said that, most of my guns have DD or
    BCM BCGs and they run outstanding. Edit: I have 2 Fail Zero's one with over 6k rounds on it, the second most of all my AR's.
    Last edited by Hank6046; 04-06-20 at 16:00.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast