Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: PSA BCG, quality or nah?

Feedback Score
    Some pictures of 'Premium' junk they sent out not terribly long ago -

Aside of the dent in the gas key notice the chewed up cam pin slot in that one...

This one has a chewed up gas key as well but also notice the milling on the bolt face... WTF did they mill that with?

You guys defending PSA can keep all of their garbage. I sure as heck will not mess with any of it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post

Honestly, I get why people like PSA, I really do. Just as my father in law loves his DPMS from 2014, but him taking it out of the safe and shooting it in a manner that doesn't stress the rifle or the shooter doesn't really tell you the limitations or give you the best understanding of it's full capabilities.
    I have plenty of DPMS stuff bought from them way back in their beginning (best quality) to right up before they got bought out by freedom group and they have never, I repeat NEVER sent out garbage like PSA regularly does.

After freedom group they started swirling the toilet bowl but prior to that they were not so bad. Certainly not in the same category as PSA.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Some pictures of 'Premium' junk they sent out not terribly long ago -

Aside of the dent in the gas key notice the chewed up cam pin slot in that one...

This one has a chewed up gas key as well but also notice the milling on the bolt face... WTF did they mill that with?

You guys defending PSA can keep all of their garbage. I sure as heck will not mess with any of it.

First one seems like it could be an issue, but the second looks like pure cosmetics. PSA does not carry the price tag to be pretty so there's no reason it should be. Did you reach out to their CS about the first one?
    Last edited by Wake27; 12-29-21 at 22:19.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RUTGERS95 View Post
    no doubt, any company can and has put out some lemons. The problem with psa is it's frequent enough to just say no. I'd rather Anderson than psa but the lowest I go is Aero Precision as the quality for the price is unbeatable imho
    I have experience with two cheap PSA uppers and BCGs and one Aero rifle. The Aero did not work properly out of the box, both PSAs did. I'd take PSA over anything Aero (aside from stripped lowers) because they're cheaper and have worked better IME.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    First one seems like it could be an issue, but the second looks like pure cosmetics. PSA does not carry the price tag to be pretty so there's no reason it should be. Did you reach out to their CS about the first one?
    So you can have something to compare to:

DPMS on left and BCM on right:

Neither of these makes me feel the need to 'reach out to customer service'.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I have experience with two cheap PSA uppers and BCGs and one Aero rifle. The Aero did not work properly out of the box, both PSAs did. I'd take PSA over anything Aero (aside from stripped lowers) because they're cheaper and have worked better IME.
    lol,, that's funny, you're the island I see. No one is choosing psa over aero

just remember, friends don't let friends buy psa

You guys should read the industry forum for psa on arfcom regularly, it's 'interesting' to say the least. I stopped using their parts after having too many issues with parts being defective or having to use a bit to open up takedown pin holes or the like. Can't tell you how many friends and guys from the county pds brought their psa garbage asking 'can you fix this'. My 2 favorites were a complete upper a buddy bought that had no gas hole in the barrel or the lower with a missing piece to the ear. How the fk does anyone miss that one? No need to get into past etc, I just stay away. those that buy their stuff, no issues with that you do with your money and wish you luck.

We all buy cheap from time to time for various reasons; it has it's place.
    Last edited by RUTGERS95; 12-31-21 at 13:46.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

speaking of dpms, older dpms barrels definitely punched above the belt imho.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

BCM bolts are $80. The cheapest complete BCGs on their site right now are the same price down to the dollar. Also I don't know why I need anything to compare to since I have many BCM and other high quality BCGs.

Quote Originally Posted by RUTGERS95 View Post
    lol,, that's funny, your' the island I see

just remember, friends don't let friends buy psa

You guys should read the industry forum for psa regularly, it's 'interesting' to say the least. I stopped using their parts after having too many issues with parts being defective or having to use a bit to open up takedown pin holes or the like. Can't tell you how many friends and guys from the county pds brought their psa garbage asking 'can you fix this'. My 2 favorites were a complete upper a buddy bought that had no gas hole in the barrel or the lower with a missing piece to the ear. How the fk does anyone miss that one? No need to get into past etc, I just stay away. those that buy their stuff, no issues with that you do with your money and wish you luck.

We all buy cheap from time to time for various reasons; it has it's place.
    That's my point. I will never say that PSA doesn't put out some shit, or argue that they may or may not put out a higher quantity of shit vs better brands, but the older I've gotten, the more I've accepted that there are reasons to go cheap and PSA is the best way to do that IMO.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    I have plenty of DPMS stuff bought from them way back in their beginning (best quality) to right up before they got bought out by freedom group and they have never, I repeat NEVER sent out garbage like PSA regularly does.

After freedom group they started swirling the toilet bowl but prior to that they were not so bad. Certainly not in the same category as PSA.
    This is my understanding as well, they where purchased by the Freedom Group in in 2007 and quality, especially on the civilian side, dropped.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score

This is my understanding as well, they where purchased by the Freedom Group in in 2007 and quality, especially on the civilian side, dropped.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast